Need SEO help with the website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Jan 9, 2014.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a website of my friend and optimizing his website when i am free. I have done few things but rankings does not seem to impress me. The site is bluecowhockey. its a sports equipment company.

I would appreciate if experts over here can spare some time to look at the website and guide me what is missing and how can i increase the rankings.

2. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need quality backlinks pointing to your website. Build some quality backlinks to your site for ranking better in Search engines. Can you provide your targeted keyword with which I can see your site's ranking.

3. simonwalker

simonwalker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like you have focused less on content, to drive better results I would suggest incorporating a content plan in your strategy.

4. emypa

emypa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mainly focus on content marketing i,e blog posting , blog commenting, press release submission and do quality backlinks.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Blog commenting is no longer considered a good method for getting quality backlinks, and guest posting for SEO purposes is also now not recommended. However, posting in your own blog (or asking others to post in theirs), and sharing articles through social networking can work well.

6. aplaceforbabys

aplaceforbabys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now that you understand SEO and how it works a bit better, it’s time to put this new knowledge to work and start optimizing your website.

7. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Trick Appears To Be To Get Others Talk About You / Your Site

From what I have observed search engines prefer these days is that give a lot of credence to anybody that is talking about you. If you can get others to refer to your site (by pointing a link to it) using their account, then your credibility rises in the eyes of the engines. Ergo, it is inferred that what you have to say is important for the search engines to push you higher.

8. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google responds best to a natural looking link profile with high diversity. You would expect a website that gets links naturally to have a few links coming from social bookmarking, a mention in an occasional article, perhaps some links in forums, and so on. This is exactly how you should build your basic link campaign.