Need Reviews for our Webmaster Forum

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by itommy, Jul 10, 2015.

1. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends,

Could you give me some seconds to have a look on our Webmaster forum?

Here it is http://www.webmastersun.com

It would be great if I have your reviews on the logo, content, layouts and its colors

Thanks in advance!

2. Sadness

Sadness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice forum. you should try to promote your forum for getting more members and posts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I got overwhelmed. I am seeing too many tabs in one page and there is another layer of tabs on top. When I hover to one tab for example there is another whole bunch of texts. Everything is grabbing my attention I do not know where to focus other than that I think you have a great content

• Like Like x 1
  4. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Sadness, I only do when have free time, to be honest, our forums are getting good traffic for search engines thus I are rarely promoting on other forums. You can check "webmaster forum" or "internet marketing forum" and see us on top 10 Google.com :)
    Thanks kaian for your reviews!

Are you saying about top forum statistics on webmastersun.com ?
    I couldn't remove it, some our forum Mods required it to appear when viewing on mobiles but I couldn't do that.
    Also, It's great way to view latest posts on the forum. You are right, forum is getting more useful content from members posting daily there.

Anyone has other thoughts to improve our forum?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at the forum today. What I believe kaian is referring to is the large amount of information that is revealed when a user hovers over the navigation bar at the top. Rather than a simple drop down menu, you have a descriptive paragraph for each category. If you use it, a simple drop down menu is all you need. The description can be placed at the top of each category, when the user goes to the category page. You may not even need the drop down menu, because clicking on the "Forum" link in the navigation bar takes you to the actual forum, which comntains the categories with a description anyway.
    You also have a group of forum posts at the top of the forum page, which are not necessary. For each post in the forum, you have lists of forum entries after the original post. These get in the way of people trying to read the thread. You really shouldn't be giving users somewhere else to go when they have arrived at where they want to be. And finally, there is no navigation in the forum thread to go back to where you were. To get back to the list of forum posts for a certain section of the forum, a user has to go back to the navigation bar and start over again.
    Back when I was in college, I learned about the acronym "KISS". The first three letters stand for "Keep It Simple". To be polite, I won't tell you what the last "S' stands for.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joeroxx pretty much said it very well and I appreciate it.

OP, I hope you will be able to find the advice useful because everyone here wants only one thing which is to help base on a perspective of a would be member or user. Goodluck on this project and I hope you will be able to retain and update your good contents. I might drop by one of these days

7. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right on this, and we removed descriptions when hovering on the Home menu and move them into each proper forums.

I don't think so...seem you didn't see breadcrumb under navigation right?

8. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ITommy, I like the visual presentation of Webmaster Sun. It's bright and exciting but it does seem a little busy for the first time visitor. I'm sure that your 10,000 plus members are familiar with the navigation tools and are happy with the actual function of the site but you may want to have a simpler landing page for new visitors that you hope to become members. The landing page could be designed to provide enough information with out visual overload.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your forum is good but you did not remember that you send me a warning for posting a short reply :D
    lol.

I like your site design and new method. It look like a blog but I am browsing your forum from long time so now I can see threads/forum section easily.

I mean main forum is so much different then any other forum which is a good point. Try to improve SEO by posting useful tutorials specially on webmaster/PC/OS which can attract more visitors from search engine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rmmfree

rmmfree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a great forum, with a very professional design. I signed up to it one month or so.

• Like Like x 1
  11. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Busy? are you saying about loading speed? it's slow for the first time you have visited it?
    Maybe you misunderstood it as a landing page, because our site is a forum cms but designed like a blog or a landing page but convert more info on it. We will note this and improve as your advice when its possible.

We have more Moderators on the forum, maybe one of Moderators send you that but it is necessary because we are focusing on quality content

You are right, its design looks like a blog but it's easier to use when you were familiar to their design.

For sure... We will post more tutorials on those forums. Thanks for your advice!

Thanks rmmfree!

12. pyraxic

pyraxic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely amazing forum brother. It seems that you are already getting traffic for your site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Way too busy and it has an annoying feature........its hard to get into the actual forum software part. I hate sites that make it hard to find the forums :) . But other than that it appears you've obviously put in a lot of work - well done.

14. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah yo are right, we are getting good traffic from search engines and social media.
    Traffic is stable and more members are joining the forum daily.

15. itommy

itommy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which forums do you want to find? main forums or sub forums?

They are showed on forum homage and quite easy to find if you pay attention on forum thumbnails and navigation.

Let me know if you need support to use our forum.

Thanks for your reviews!