Need marketing advice for my website!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by AmandaS, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AmandaS

AmandaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My background is in psychology, not business. I just built a dating website using some of the most accurate psychology that can be applied to relationships. I am currently trying to figure out how I can best market this site. The site is intended to be free, as my main motivation is to teach people of my psychology. If it gets really popular and makes money in the future, then even better. Does anyone have any advice on how/where I should be marketing? I have a private donor who was interested in my psychology, but I'd rather not use him unless I need to.

The site is called Project Evolove - an evolution in dating (www.projectevolove.com)

2. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okey,When I first see your site name it doesn't sounds like a dating site but when i entered the site it was nice and with good graphics.In this age/time I don't believe people will use dating site to chat and to be mingle because facebook and social networking offers quite more.But still if you have great idea then you can have great success.I will just say focus more on connecting people by location.If both are from same place/read in same college(boy & girl) then list them each other in suggested friends.I don't have much interest/vision of dating sites let people suggestion keep coming.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with remonray. I would focus on the social aspects of the site. The concept is clever and catchy. The name does not describe what it is, but neither does Facebook.

You might try some PR work to get visibility. Distribute some press releases and try to get media attention. That could help get the word of mouth rolling for your project.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. AmandaS

AmandaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What specifically should I do to get press release and medial attention?

5. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Organize some activities in the community can be a nice idea. Inviting your neighbors to come.
    Promote the knowledge. Facebook public page can be a nice choice.
    Otherwise, some posters may work out.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You could start with a press release about your site, emphasise it's uniqueness and the way that it is built on a foundation of psychology. That will give your press release some news worthiness. Then submit your press release to various PR sites and media publications.

7. vadodarainfoline

vadodarainfoline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website best ranking for off pages work SEO....

Press Release
    Article Submission
    Forum Posting
    Blog Commenting
    Micro Bogging
    Social Bookmarking
    Directory Submission
    Classified Submission,,,,

8. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promote the website on related forums, tell people why your website is unique. Promote on related Facebook groups and on Youtube. Make lots of videos, maybe make funny ones that could go viral, also promote through social bookmarking websites.

9. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you want to do good to make you website well know by the target people, first you should find the target keywords which is good to be involved by search engine. also social media is a good platform to chat with others and maybe you can find the clients and keep a good relationship with them. it is more convenient to promote your web and then more people will be attractive to your job.

10. kennyschwimmer

kennyschwimmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would strongly recommend you to have a very good social media platform. You should have a FB, twitter, G+ accounts and the most important thing is to have a strong content.

11. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to recommend you social media websites.These websites can help you to promote your website very easily.Content distribution,videos,doc are some other resources but you should use FB,twitter etc to start and after that you can use seo as well.

12. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For this site a special strategy works, the best thing is introducing your site manually to the people make a video and upload at YouTube and hire a SMM to get real views at that video such kind of activity works for your site. Article submission, PR etc not works at all.

13. anurocked

anurocked
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the name is the first thing you could look upon.you can go for seo also.

14. olulola

olulola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to look for sites that discuss what you do and be an active contributor to their comment box, join social media sites, guest blog, join forums, make sure you know your keywords and how you can rank for them. Use google free keyword tool to assist you.

15. AmandaS

AmandaS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips guys. I did some of the other things you guys have suggested (working on SEO, writing a blog topic, posted on a few forums).

When you guys say use social media like Facebook, does that mean I should just go into a group and post a comment? What exactly does marketing on social media mean?

16. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media marketing is best way.Promote your site on all popular site likes facebook,twitter,flicker,pinterest etc.

17. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend to use social media specially Facebook and Twitter. You can also consider press release.

18. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to do SEO for your site.

19. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Social Media, in this case, would mean using your Facebook page to promote your website, and the way it works. You would gain followers by using Facebook ads and other promotional methods. Then, by creating regular posts about how your particular methods work, you would give your followers a reason to visit your Facebook page, and they would recommend their followers follow you, those followers would recommend their followers, and so on, who would all be creating conversations about you, spreading the word about your website. You would also follow others in businesses that may be related, in some way, to yours. Contributing to their conversations would also give you exposure to others who may become your followers. Be careful, when starting or contributing to conversations, that you are not always promoting. You could also periodically offer special deals to your followers, giving them a reason to visit your website, rather than simply waiting for them to decide.