Need little idea

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by azraf, Feb 6, 2011.

1. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently I have build a site for Rangpur [a city of Bangladesh].
    Checking the site worth on websiteoutlook: http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.rangpurweb.com:
    Here [in red color] it says, the site is making USD 5.77 daily. Therefore, I place a Google Adsense Content ad on it. Last 2 days, it earned USD 0.01 on that, with 1,646 impression.

My query is, how I am earning USD 5.77 daily? Is it just an estimation?

2. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes.. May be it is an estimation some thing like your website has potential to earn USD 5.77 daily.. because as you said actually you earned USD 0.01.. but I think stick with it for some days and see if you can achieve that figure (USD 5.77 daly) because judging all this in 2 days is not proper..

Meanwhile also try some other tools like WebsiteOutlook and check what they are saying about your earning..

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

azraf tools such as Website Outlook are not accurate, they deliberately give high estimates of websites' values, so that the owners of those websites will link back to them, to show others how highly their websites have been valued. Think of your advertising revenue in terms of what is the best you can achieve with it, not in terms of what website evaluation tool tells you, you should be earning.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It has been talked here in BAF before. I tried to search that thread but I can't find it.
    Anyways, most of these sites just check on your stats, like PR, backlinks and some traffic that you can't imagine that seems far from the real one. All they can do is give estimates on how your site worth based on the hings I stated. And most of the time, these are not true.

I can suggests you not to believe or rely to them.

5. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have also tried and I was shocked that this is not matching with the stats what my google analytics shows I wish the google analytics can be wrong but I am afraid it is impossible.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Fergal, thanks. And yes, the stats program in cPanel are not showing same statistics as Google Analytics.
    Thanks all for your sharing.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know what? I have also noticed that their might be something wrong because the alexa rank of my personal blog and the visitors shown by Google Analytics were not making any sense but I was unaware from figuring out the exact number of visitors. I will check it.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, don't compare Alexa to any analytic counter. Alexa counts visitors based on browsers with Alexa toolbar installed. So those without the toolbar installed doesn't count in their systems.

10. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess you have some misunderstanding about alexa. May be it is not accurate but it gives you a very good idea about the traffic of a certain site.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know it's not accurate. I'm just saying that Alexa counts visitors based on browsers with Alexa toolbar installed.
    So those without the toolbar installed doesn't count in their systems.

It gives you an overall idea but your traffic's worth will be more than that.

12. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be or may not be I am using alexa from a long time to get estimate of traffic and the number of visitors it shows does not convince me that it counts the visitor who have installed Alexa toolbar for example the stat it show for google I am quite shower it is much larger than the all users who have installed alexa toolbar

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

William King Alexa counts the number of people visiting an individual site, based on stats from people who have the Alexa toolbar installed and from Alexa buttons on the sites. You can see an example of an Alexa button in the footer of every page of this site. Alexa then estimate the total traffic to the site, based on those numbers. So, the traffic figures you get from Alexa are not just the actual numbers they record, but an estimate of total traffic based on the actual numbers recorded. This is similar to how total figures are estimated from a sample in a market research exercise.

Alexa explains it a little at - How are Alexa’s traffic rankings determined?

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahan! Now I don't have any doubt about it, but than why alexa is considered as most authentic way to judge the traffic of the site... and is their any way with which we can know that exact rank of the website

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

William King most people use Alexa as a guide, in other words they don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but rather it is a good indicator of how popular a site is. Alexa say themselves that their figures are more accurate when the Alexa rank of a site is a lower number than 100,000, or to put it another way their figures are more accurate for the top 100,000 most popular sites.

16. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats why the graphs are only available for the sites who have alexa more than 100,000
    BTW... I have a personal blog kind of spiritual I have posted very little content on it but still it have the alexa of 295,000 does that sounds good to you.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds good William King, for a blog without much content. The important thing is to keep getting better and moving in the right direction.

18. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These tools are not right every time and why are you depend on it. You just check the response from Google, that it. Doesn't need to worry about it.

19. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The intentions behind the blog is not make money rather I was just trying to make my own network who thinks like me but still I am getting only spam contents I know people are visiting but still their is no discussion... How can I provoke discussion

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

By adding more content, the more content you have relevant to your visitors, the more likely they are to reply to your posts with decent comments.