Need Intelligent Seo People Tips Urgently ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hamishcode, Apr 1, 2014.

1. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had Made New Page For Several Keywords to rank them better in google serp and google had cached that new page But still those keywords are coming in old pages. So could anyone tell me what i need to do exactly to rank those keyword in new page.

Will redirection and Canonical Tag is Best to Land keywords in New Page.

2. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your question is not clear enough. When you type in your new keyword, the old pages still show instead of the new pages?
    If that is what is happening, as far as I know, the only thing you can do is wait for Google to catch up and it might take a long time such as months.
    But if those new keywords are not on the old pages then they should not be coming up.
    You should make canonical whenever you can so there is no duplicate content.
    I only use redirection when absolutely necessary because I think that if Google sees that 2 are canonical, it will forget about one of them and then redirect is not needed.
    Otherwise, provide more information.

3. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks RoseAb for Your Reply , If this Question is not understand by you than i explain you with an Eg. I am targeting this keyword cica claim for Url www.XYZ.Com But it comes in WWW.ABC.Com....So tell me how to land this "Cica Cllaims in www.XYZ.Com instead of abc.com.

Hope this time you understand my question.

4. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not an expert at this and I'm not sure there is only one way to do it.
    You can do a 301 direct if you own both domains.
    But maybe that is not the best way to do it.
    You can try to make it canonical.
    But if it is Google that must "forget" the old site then it will take time and I'm not sure there is much you can do about that.
    Do you actually have two sites right now?
    Or are these 2 pages of your one site?

5. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are these the real sites. I did google search for cica claim in quotes and along with it abc.com, xyz.com, and xyz.
    Nothing comes up for the two .com. For xyz, your site does not show in first 10 pages.
    You should see your site if you add the url to the search terms. Otherwise maybe google has not seen your update yet. Have you used Google Webmasters Tools? It will tell you information about how Google sees things and you will be able to figure out how to fix things up.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, I believe xyz.com and abc.com were used to show the different pages without actually using the actual URLs. Let me see if I understand this correctly. I think Hamishcode was having difficulty ranking a page on his website, so rather than edit the old page, he(?) created a new page and gave it a new URL. I don't know why he simply didn't edit the old page with the new keywords, but maybe he can explain that. Anyway, he now wants Google to rank thenewpage.com, instead of theoriginalpage.com. Again, those are not the actual URLs, but are generic names to indicate the two pages.
    If theoriginalpage.com no longer exists, a 301 redirect will send all the link juice to thenewpage.com. As RoseAb mentioned, this will take time. If both pages still exist, and have substantially the same content except for the keywords, a canonical redirect should be used.

7. ketusoftware

ketusoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    By reading your query I have understood that you can created a new page to replace the old page...if that is right what I said then 301 redirect should be done and then most important is generate the new xml sitemap and resubmitt it to google webmaster tools and then check if is it indexing the new page...hope this helps you.

thanks

8. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for Your Help But My new page Had Been Indexed by Google But Still Keywords Ranking Coming in Old Pages and My New page Content are fresh. So What i Want that how could i work to land those keywords in New pages Instead of old Pages...Should I Delete the Old Pages or Need to Do Anything in Google Webmaster.
    Hope This Time My Question is Clear Enough and my Site is Michael lewin Solicitor targeting Country Is UK.

9. Amol55

Amol55
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently I majorly follow forum posting, blog commenting and press release article submission techniques. this helps me get quality backlinks and also boost my keyword. so you can try for it and for generating traffic I take help of various social networking sites.

10. Tom_WebhostingUK

Tom_WebhostingUK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I too used the same techniques for SEO. I even use Guest blogging and Social bookmarking to generate backlinks.

11. hamishcode

hamishcode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amol See first what Topic is Going On...its Not about link building its all about On-Page Optimization discussion going on...