Need Improvement Input for My BLOG- Niche Category

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by scifi, Jan 12, 2011.

1. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello all BAF members..

Once Again I need your Help with feedback on Improvement of My BLOG- History and Ancient Indian Science

Actually this is a niche category in which I am writing .. I want it to make it appeal able to global audience... How to do that... MY stats show that it is attracting currently 14-15 visitors daily on average basis since the day I have commenced it...Am I going on right track..?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why do you want your site to appeal to a global audience? Trying to be all things to all men, to use the cliché, can be damaging to your blog promotion and marketing. A more successful approach is to focus on a specific target audience and then provide the best possible service to that audience.

Have you thought about what kind of people who would be interested in the topic of "History and Ancient Indian Science"? What country/countries are they based in, what is their age group, what other sites do they visit, what newspapers and media do they read, etc? Most importantly what can you offer them that they value but are not getting from the blogs / websites they currently visit?

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be very frank Fergal, I just don't know how many people would be interested in this kind a blog...This blog includes both history and scientific information along with some instances of ancient technology..So people interested in any of above should read ...Though I have written the topic as Indian, Still I am going to include many references from world over...I usually writes explaining scientific reasons behind technology exists in legends, epics or used in ancient times but got extinct today......I think this is most unique approach with only few websites catering to this....So people must be interested..Ok i will try to figure out the stats of those sites and analyze them to identify my target audience...

Any way by which I can do that..??

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi you could use Google's Keyword Tool to find out how many searches are being done on Google for search terms related to your blog. In a similar vain you could use Twitter Search to see how many people are using Twitter to discuss similar topics.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, I will try these tools...and will post back the results here...

6. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello all..I just need to confirm that I am getting a 20-25 visitors on an average on my blog per day till now....But the same has not been converted into any earnings even of any cent....Am I going wrong anywhere?

What else I need to do to keep getting motivation in the form some monetary gains too along with fun while writing!!! This will help me raise standard of my blog in the near future!!
    I am posting the link once again for your quick access..
    History & Ancient Science

Cheers..

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi, I don't believe that you are doing anything wrong, it takes time to build up your blog's traffic and the truth is you are unlikely to generate much revenue from 25 visitors per day. Some people suggest 1,000 uniques per day as a good starting point for revenue. If I was you I would focus on adding good quality content to the blog and on increasing your traffic for the time being, you can concentrate on increasing your revenue once you have reached a certain level of traffic (perhaps 1,000 uniques per day, or whatever level works for you).

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for updating and awareness....I don't have an idea regarding that...Actually for starters even some visitors are too much....I will get used to it in few months..Now I will focus on increasing traffic and good quality content on my blog...:)