Need immediate suggestion for web traffic. Feedback highly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ShivJaiswaL, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ShivJaiswaL

ShivJaiswaL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:)

Hi members,

These days I am in lot of panic. I am working in a Web Hosting company http://www.eindiawebguru.com and i need to draw 500 visits to my site per day. I can't use any unethical method as daily performance is monitor by Google analytics. I had gone to every traffic method like Blog commenting, forum posting with signature, article submissions, social bookmarking, Post Guest post in blogs .

But my daily traffic is not more than 50 visits. Now I am bit demoralize. i would really appreciate some decent feedback in this critical situation.
    Actually i am a SEO guy and my experience is limited to keyword ranking and never work for huge traffic . It seems too much tough for me.

Thanks a lot.
    Shiv Jaiswal

:$$:

2. merlynwall

merlynwall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel the pressure. Did the OP try PPC or just wanting organic traffic? SEO takes time but surely brings home the bacon

3. falconator

falconator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no quick fix for lack of web traffic. The internet is highly competitive and anyone with a computer is trying to sell you something. All you can do is SEO and lots of it, especially for hosting. You are going against huge companies like HostGator and GoDaddy and they have a lot of money to market everywhere.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm glad to see that you eliminated unethical techniques. Being an SEO guy, you know the effect they can have on your rankings. You have lso been using the recommended techniques for ranking, but, unfortunately, falconator is right. You are in a very competitive area, and it's going to be very hard to beat companies like HostGator and GoDaddy om your own. I noticed that the phrases your website is ranking for have very low traffic numbers - 0nly one gets up to 22 searchers a month, and you're not ranking highly on page one for any of them. You need to find phrases that get sufficient traffic to bring you the number of visitors you need.
    One final point - there are no guarantees! Even if you get highly ranked for high traffic phrases, it is up to the searcher where they want to go. The site looks very good, now you need to go where your potential clients are. After that, it's up to them who they want to use.

5. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why do not you update the company blog, the last entry was made in 2011?
    Blogging will help increase traffic.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try:

1.Blogging and Social Publishing (create useful and quality contents and information related to your niche)
    2. Social Sharing instead of bookmarking.

Thanks,
    Mark T

7. phatyo

phatyo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like I am stating to everyone since I am new here, go with a twitter account, try and maybe buy one that already has legit followers instead of bots? I am actually selling one right now. PM if you're interested.

8. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you thought of finding some specialty areas for hosting and making landing pages for those areas so you can do SEO on them. If you try to do SEO for just plain hosting, you are competing against some huge companies. But if you can find your little niches, you could work toward getting 50 or 60 hits a day in each of them and slowly move toward 500.

9. adamblack

adamblack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think affiliate marketing one of the valuable thing can help you to generate good traffic.

10. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate marketing meaning to have other people work as affiliates for you?

11. jamescorden12

jamescorden12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You start posting classified ad. this is very good method for getting traffic. and with classified posting you work some activity on social media link twitter, Facebook, linkedin, etc.

12. memoonamike

memoonamike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend you to update your site content because your blog content is old and visitors have read it, if you make new quality content visitors will attract and you got a lot of visitors and also bookmark your posts on social media, publish classified ads, and do not quit link building.

13. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting your website 500 visitors a day will be a long run. Don't get discouraged by not getting the results fast enough...this is internet and as people have already suggested, you are in a very competitive field. Focus on SEO, write blog entries - at the very minimum 1 a month and be patient. 50 people is not that small number too ;-)

14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is where the problem comes from - people have misconceptions that when they are not getting the traffic the want right after they launch then they won't succeed. Quality Traffic is something that every website owner should know how to value and to earn to become a foundation for their website.

• Like Like x 1