Need ideas for improvement

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by wdywft, Apr 12, 2010.

?

What do you think about the website?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2010.
  1. Looks somewhat interesting

75.0%
  2. Looks like spam - it won't be around for long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doesn't make sense to me

25.0%
  4. You'll be a millionaire soon - stick with it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wdywft

wdywft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yay, we finally launched our website www.whatdoyouwantfromthem.com - an informal network for managers. Now the 'real work' begins - making the site user-friendly, sending the right message, getting people to register, SEO... a little overwhelming. Any suggestions, advice, tips & tricks from you guys are more than welcomed - we need new momentum...
    Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum wdywft!

The site looks professional at first look. The domain name is very long and I feel that could be a significant obstacle to your future growth. Do you have any concerns about that? Do you by chance have a shorter domain name that you could use? I honestly can't think of any really successful sites that have six words in their domain name.

I would also suggest that your logo could do with some improvement to make it appear more professional.

On the positive side, the services and communication platforms that you provide look useful and should prove attractive to your target market.

Good luck with it.

3. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would have to totally agree with Fergal. It is bit long and not really attractive. It seems like a puzzle. THe domain name should in a way attract the users to see whats is it providing to them. You can find better domains which matches your website. "WhatManagerswant?" and something similar.

It is really good target auidence and surely can attract good users if its marketed properly in right places.

All the best.

4. wdywft

wdywft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your input

Hi guys and thank you so much for your input!

The problem with the domain: I have become so very attached to it. :dunno:

About The Name
    The WDYWFT name originated from a need to identify the source of the problem before taking appropriate actions.
    "I used to project my stress onto my employees, vendors or sometimes even customers. I now constantly remind myself to clarify what I want from a person before I address him/her."

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I can see the logic behind the domain wdywft and it's meaning is very applicable to the subject matter of your site. However, you probably need to ask if it is helping or damaging your site's chances of success? Is it brandable? Is it memorable? Does it make it easy for people who know about your site to communicate and tell others about it?

6. neha.lemon

neha.lemon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you need to get help in terms of investment, you can go through private equity and venture capital.