Need Help With Service Reporting

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Cmorri1, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Cmorri1

uix_expand uix_collapse

Sep 24, 2014
    Hello everyone! I am having a problem with my sales reporting in the field. I know the team is going to their appointments, doing a great job and expanding business, but I am only getting a ~50% reporting rate. I don't want to be the bad guy and bombard them with negative things, but in most cases, contractually I am obligated to get these service reports. Below is a list of what my reps do in the field, and how I would like the reporting done. I am wondering if there is an app, or even something as simple as a way to set up google docs to get this reporting done in the field and not while they are at home.

1. Drive to the site (sometimes as long as 2 hours in the car)
    2. Assess the current situation with on site equipment, take notes
    3. Gather water samples, take notes
    4. Test water samples, take notes
    5. Check chemical levels, take notes
    6. Drive to next appointment
    7. Compile all notes into a service report. This ALWAYS falls down the priority list, and I understand why, but I also need these reports done in a timely fashion.

I was thinking if we were able to copy a past service report that would have the basic info, then have the ability to quickly edit pH levels and chemical composition with one or two touches on the iPad and then have it sent right after the site visit, we would be able to knock 1 or 2 hours a week off of the 6 hours it takes to do reports. Something that small would make a world of difference for the reps and for me. Thanks for reading my wordy post, hopefully someone out there knows an efficient way to do this.