Need help on online marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by An Alien, Jan 17, 2011.

1. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I'm an internet noob.
    I have a small transportation business. I already have a website (IDK if I am allowed to post it) and I've heard that social networking is a good way to advertise it. Also, I think the only online advertising I'm using right now is google places which was adwords before but IDK they transferred it. Please give me tips/ideas on how I can advertise my business.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Social networking has become a popular way for website owners to gain more traffic to their website, and or to create a buzz about their website or product. It is also used by business owners to keep their customers and prospects informed. In your case, however, I think SEO is a better avenue, and I'm not just saying that because we provide SEO services - we also can set up social media packages as well.
    To make the explanation why easier, I'll use a hypothetical example. Let's say someone comes up with a new toy, but no one knows what it is. They can't use SEO to increase traffic to their website because no one would know what to search for. They could, however, create a social media campaign on sites such as Facebook to increase awareness of the new toy, perhaps even a contest to give some away. Other businesses, such as restaurants, could use social media to "friend" potential customers, giving special deals to their "friends". However, for a transportation business, I don't think this would work.
    In your case, however, you would use a blog to create backlinks to your site, in order to increase your site's ranking. You could also write articles about your type of business, and submit them to networking sites, again to create backlinks to your site. So, you would be using networking as part of an SEO marketing program, not as a primary way of advertising your business.

• Like Like x 1
  3. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the info. But how exactly do I create backlinks to my site? Which blogs do I use, do I make one myself?

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also use article, write an article about your business. Put your link at the body of your article. Create a very catchy and interesting stuff about your business then submit it to different blogs site, article submission and press release submission site. On that way you will hit 2 good factors that will truly help your business. 1st one would be the traffic. Article, blogs will help you increase traffic, you are actually advertising your side at the same time. And 2nd article/blogs actually helps your site to crawl in search engine site. Hope this will help. :)

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

may we know the URL of your site? It would help us in giving more detailed suggestions on you.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

create a facebook fan page for your business or do the SEO for your site, this way you won't be spending much using adwords.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum An Alien, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

Yes you can post it, please do because it will allow us to give you more specific advice and suggestions.

Google Places is different to Adwords. Google Places is free and you can Claim your business listing on Google here - that's the page on Google that you need to go to, to list your business for free, if you are not there already. You might also find this help page useful - Google Places Help for business owners.

Google Adwords is Google's advertising network that allows you to purchase sponsored ads that can appear in Google's search engine results and as ads on other sites.

When you post back with your website address please give us a little more info on your target market. E.g. are you targeting businesses or personal customers, if it's business users are you focusing on any particular niche such as size of business or industry, are you targeting local or national clients, etc.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to let you know with a result of a survey which said that now a days people spend more time on computer than their TV's so the best place to advertise is internet now and the best part about the internet is that it is not much expensive as compare to TV and their is another fact which will you already know that today people use internet to find anything and every information available on the internet is through websites now no one knows the exact address of the website where they can find the information they require so they take the help of search engines from where they can find the exact information by giving certain keywords, for example I am looking for joggers I go to google write joggers in the search box than google shows me the websites where I can find joggers and I will most probably check the first ten results.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You can make one yourself if you wish.

Firstchoice car has some excellent suggestions. I would like to clarify that any blog entry or article should be about your type of business. You are using the article or entry primarily to create backlinks to your site, not to advertise your business. You can also participate in forums or discussions on networking sites, and include a link to your site in your signature.

10. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I'm kinda embarrassed about posting my site. The design is okay but, it's made in tables (the old way) which I know isn't good for SEO either. I paid an idiot, I should have done it myself it the code was going to be that ugly.
    Link: http://myairportsedan.com/

#10 An Alien, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  11. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi..i reviewed your site..if possible then start with on page optimization..too many images affect the loading time of site so i would suggest you to resize or reduce them..also many images doesn't have alt text which is necessary for seo purposes..also set up a permanent redirect for url with www & without www.
    It will help you in getting full credit for your site(otherwise the searh engine will consider it as different sites)..
    n ya social networking sites help a lot in driving traffic.face book helps alot..first thing is that you need to produce fresh content regularly..second is keep your status messages and updates related to the line of your company’s work or the industry.Third is Have as many friends as you can (more followers or contacts mean that your webpages have more authority.) :cool:

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for posting your link here.

It seems to be a good one knowing it's only made of tables, not DIVs or CSS. You can make it updated with the current norm and still use the same layout. Just hire a designer who could convert it from tables to divs. But if you can do that, it's much better. Plus, you could save money.

I don't seem to see a problem on images here. It loaded really fast considering my internet connection speed is much slower than most guys here.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An Alien, have a look at this thread - Can someone share some link building tips? - it includes some great suggestions on how to build links to your site.

You are also welcome to submit your site for review to our Website & Graphic Reviews section.

Twitter is something else to consider. If you have a Twitter account you could use Twitter Search to find people who are talking about topics related to your niche and then start discussing those topics with them. You can then promote your site by occasionally tweeting a link to it and by linking to it from your Twitter profile.

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I know the person who developed it, Is he an asian web developer.
    Well, I do not think that the site has some problems regarding SEO but may be it does not have much power to impress the user and make him feel comfortable while navigating

15. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from the wonderful suggestions posted here, you can also implement a referral marketing campaign into your business to maximize word of mouth potential. You can do this by promoting and rewarding customers that bring in new customers.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at your site, and most of it actually doesn't look bad - Unfortunately, people visiting your site have to get by your homepage, and that doesn't look good at all. There are two sites that are on page one for the phrases where you are ranked in Google's top twenty, and the look of their sites might help you decide what your homepage should look like. They are not using tables, and they have a lot more content, which Google loves. If you wish, take a look at them here and here.
    Also, I don't mean to sound picky, but when I visited your "Our Services" page, I found this:

"We also provide service to DC Marryland, Northen Verginia, Dellavare, Pelsenvania & Filladelfia, New Jersy and New York." Marryland - isn't that a wedding chapel in Las Vegas? I have no idea where those other places are - they're definitely not in America.This is easily fixed, but it illustrates the problem of hiring designers from a foreign country. They need to know American English if they are going to design sites for American companies.
    In case anybody decides to enlighten me, I actually do know where Maryland, Northern Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, and New Jersey are.

Anyway, if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

17. johnrobertusa

johnrobertusa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You can promote your website in search engine.Find right keywords for your website.Social Media marketing will help you for more traffic..Also pay per click helps to reach your business broad.But that is cost effective...

18. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess this is the most wonderful Suggestion among all the wonderful suggestion ;)

19. shayaristore

shayaristore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use seo for your site to increse your online bussines .If you know seo then you can do it byself or hire a seo company

20. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

join Yahoo answers, forum, and social media groups that will give you instant access to your target market. now all you have to worry about is how to catch their attention :)