Need help on coming up with a name...

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by chespin, Jun 16, 2015.

1. chespin

chespin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

My husband and I have been selling on eBay for quite a while now. We sell trading cards (like pokemon, magic, etc). Recently we realized we couldn't register our current name as a business because of copyright issues (we had the name of a popular character in our business name). We have been trying (and have written down so many names) but nothing seems to click with us.

We really want something catchy! Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!!

Things like Cardworld and cosmic cards (two of the many we thought of) are already taken.

2. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try modified names on the cartoon which you sell trading cards like pokeoman or magiko :) .hope it should help.

3. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe PokeMagic Cards? Or MagicPoke cards My Magiccards My Magic Best wishes

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What about something like [Your First Name]'s Trading Cards (i.e., "Beth's Trading Cards")

5. MichaelXH

MichaelXH
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing you'll want to consider is your domain name, especially for an online business. Many businesses look at domain names FIRST before settling on a company name -- that way their CompanyName.com won't be taken.

A few to try: cardbarter, cardtrader, cardforcard, wannacard, etc

6. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you can consider or think about of domain name after your business registration.domain name should be your business name.its helpful in website ranking.

7. Stephanie Y.

Stephanie Y.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know for my business name I looked at words and phrases I frequently seen from clients. I have forms my clients fill out that ask them questions. After reading these forms for two years I noticed two common words used. When I eventually started my business I used those two words. So basically I used their words and their thoughts of what they were looking for. It's fun, because now when a new client comes to me they say "that's what I want" when the see the business name.

8. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not going to come up with a name for you but I'll give you some advice. Keep your name short and ensure that it's easy to remember, this is incredibly important. It's always good to have a 'K' sound in your name as this rolls off the tongue easy. And yes, it also helps to make your name more memorable. Coca-Cola is a classic example of this, lots of 'K' sound there. ;)

9. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CardBarn CardBroker CardTrader CardExchange CardWarehouse CardCollections MagicCardStore Cardzillion YardsaleCards Cardtopia Cardching CardHunter OneThousandCards TrumpCard

10. llfsa

llfsa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

TradingCardz Showcase

11. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about Animacard or Animaginations. That would be the name with the tagline at the bottom to say "high value trading cards." Those who would see that will be intrigued on what it really. Try it by posting in a forum and check out what replies you would get.