Need help... My Paypal got limited

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Oct 14, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys, I need your help.

Minutes ago, I received a payment on my other Paypal account ,which I haven't opened for months since I have decided to put all my funds on my father's Paypal account. When I opened my Paypal, I received an email about my account turning limited.

And according to Paypal, here is the reason:
    I want to regain access to my account again so I can get the payment there.
    BTW, it is still unverified.

How can I lift the limitation without using a credit card or bank account?

EDIT: According to Paypal's Resolution Center, here are the ways I can lift it:
    *Confirm your bank account
    *Provide copy of credit card statement
    *Confirm Social Security number
    *Provide copy of photo ID

Is providing an ID will do?

#1 GekiDan, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

That is really a bad news.I would like to ask some question for helping you here.

1. I am not understanding which account has been Limited? Yours? or Your fathers?

If it is your's, then I would like to know your age if you do not have any problem. If you are 18+ then you should show them ID proof. If it of your father's then you should try to verify it using a Credit Card.

You can call PayPal or also mail them. If possible then you should go to there office also. I think providing them ID will solve the matter.

I more suggestion do not use any kind of VCC available online, or your account will be off for lifetime.

Thanks and Hope I can help you in the problem.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If not mistaken, it is fine to provide ID but your original ID written in english (some country are using their own languages). Else, you can provide bank statement (must be in english too)

4. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry to hear about it

did u account was verified or not

and according to me "ID" card will work out if it is in English ....or if paypal have support in local language then local language will work out

5. harisjmi

harisjmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello GekiDan
    I can help you there as i was also stuck in with the same prob some time back.
    Since you don't want to use credit card then there are two possibilities for you
    1. Give your ID
    2. Use a VCC

What i did was i gave my ID and after the account was re opened use a VCC or CC

Thanks

6. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, In my advise you should never use VCC, if you use so and PayPal knows about it then they will permanently BAN your account as well as it is against there TOS.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, my account is the the one that's limited and it is still Unverified. I'm 21 years old and the only ID I have is my disability ID from the local government. Of course, it is written in English. Do you think it is just fine?

I'm planning to close that account after I lift the limitation to prevent further disappointments.

8. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I can give two advice.

1. ID Proof will be fine and PayPal will accept it.
    2. If you are planning to close your account after this transaction then you can try VCC. (But There will be some risk).

Thanks

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already scanned my Disability ID so I can upload it to Paypal.
    Is there some VCC which will just cost me almost nothing?

By the way, will my father's Paypal affected by this one since we are usin the same computer and internet connection?

10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think they cost you nearly $10 or something less or more. And in it you got the credit of the same amount. It is like a recharge voucher.

Yes, it might effect when PayPal checks your IP. If this is the situation you should not use a VCC.

11. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing will help until you provide EVERYTHING paypal has demanded (including social security number if you have opened the account from or mentioned your country name as USA). Thousands of paypal accounts get banned everyday and only a few are lucky enough to lift that limitation. They limit an account when they are SURE you have opened it providing FALSE information. And they send the SAME email (...a third party has accessed...This email is just bogus) to EVERYONE when making an account limited. So, if your every information is correct, provide them and get full access to your account or else chance is almost zero.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, my only plan is to get my money back to my father's account and I don't have a plan to verify that account and if possible, close it for good. I'll try to send my scanned ID tomorrow morning an let's see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan, hopefully sending your ID to PayPal will get the issue successfully resolved. Why would you want to cancel the account, if you get it verified with your ID? You'd never now when you might want to use it again.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I'm using my father's Paypal account for my internet transactions since he is the one who have a verified account and have a debit card. Plus, I my family also want to have only one Paypal account for online transactions.

The balance on my Paypal account is just $6.98 and don't want to spend over that amount just to get it verified.

15. ekta74

ekta74
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My friend got his account limited few months ago .If you want to resolve this matter,please CONTACT paypal instead of using "contact form" since most of the replies you get are auto-generated and won't be having much/any information related to your problem !
    You just send them your ID proof and let them know !
    It won't take much time to reinstate your account once you have submitted all your proofs !

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already submitted my ID earlier this day and let's see what will happen after a few days.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good news my friends!

I just received an e-mail from Paypal regarding my account:
    Faster than I thought it could be.
    Thanks for the help guys!

18. Elomelo

Elomelo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are one of the most luckiest paypal users on earth. Many of my friends have got their account limited and yet to get a good news. You are very lucky in that respect.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted GekiDan, that's good news. Enjoy the money you just got access to, don't spend it all in one shop.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I am. I have read on some forums that it took them at least a week to get their limitations lifted by Paypal. I'm glad I applied for that Disability ID. :D

Well, I'm saving my funds for some stuffs that will came up and get released on November.

Anyways, PROBLEM RESOLVED! Thanks.