Need Help Marketing Furniture Refinishing Business

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by pgrefinishing, Jan 27, 2015.

1. pgrefinishing

pgrefinishing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a small refinishing furniture business that I started, I was hoping that any one that is reading this would take the time to visit my website and tell me how I can grow my business and bring in more customers. My marketing skills are not the best but I am slowly learning. Any advice would be great.

#1 pgrefinishing, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before you market the site, you will need to fix a few errors. On your "Refinish Service" page, there are too many pictures and not enough text. Get rid of most of the pictures and/or add more text. Maybe you can use one "Before/After" set of pictures for each service, with a brief explanation of what the tasks each service entails. The Gallery is also useless without text explaining what and where it is, and the service performed. On your "Repair Info" page, the text is either too close to, or partially covered up by, the pictures. You have blank space to the left, perhaps you can move the text there, or move the pictures to the left, with the description on the right. Also, your service recognition page doesn't really say anything about recognition, i.e, awards and/or plaques you have received from industry organization, but is also a gallery of pictures of your work. These pictures should be part of the "Gallery", with a brief explanation of where it is, and what you did.

3. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site URL pgrefinishingservice.com is not working properly. Just check it.

4. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At my place your URL is not working. Please check your web hosting service either the server is down for long time or not.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

That was my fault. I removed a reference to Googling his service, and left out part of the URL. I fixed it, and it should work now :eek: .

6. masonbrown

masonbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@pgrefinishing: I too do believe that on-page changes are as necessary as the off-page activities for marketing a business. Often, people just keep working on off-page marketing activities, however even though they fail to acquire enough business & visitors from search engines. You might want to consider the structure & huge information displayed on sites like houzz.com & zopalo.com. The way they have marketed their business is really appreciable. Always remember that, images do play a very important role in product marketing, however an image with relevant texts is a certain way to get a permanent place into visitors mind. I've personally experienced it after reading the wonderful article "Writing Secrets Word Pictures" by Moz team. The Moz blog is full of such marketing strategies which you can utilize to market your furniture refinishing business.

7. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Guessing that your business is started with no or minimal investment. Have your work displayed on Pinterest, YouTube, facebook! Pictures do the talking here! Spend to target your niche audience. You are all set you have people walk-in to you. In the mean time have the SEO done for your website, so that it picks up the requried pace by the time your brand is set.