Need Help Finding Economical Advertising

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Tandy, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been relying on free traffic but I would like to speed up results, I have an informative website - or so I think! Would you suggest I study and learn social media, solo ads, or Facebook advertising, or something else. I want it to be as economical as possible whilst still effective.

Thanks for your comments:confused:

2. WetNoseWaggyTail

WetNoseWaggyTail
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends who your target audience is which channels you should look at? Are you getting lots of free traffic via Google? Are there changes you can make to your website to ensure you get more free traffic?

3. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which country / region you are going to target? You need to access your customers i.e where do they go most, Facebook or twitter or linkedin? Adwords is a expensive mean for increasing traffic. Contact niche related top bloggers and place banners there.

4. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you used Project Wonderful yourself Tedel? If so how did they work out for you? I've been aware of them for some time, but never used them either as an advertiser or publisher, hence don't have first hand experience of them.

6. Christina Maria

Christina Maria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sound thinking (no surprise there). If you approach your solution as in 7., where the tactic is the driving thought, that means you haven't done 6., or thought about 4., as the real solution. I'm still seeing how many people define situations as problems, when problems are really underlying causes that create situations.

7. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you said, your website is informative then I would suggest you to create page on wikipedia.org. You will get huge traffic from there.
    I have created many pages, one of them is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KohraM.

8. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is the best free source of traffic, Rest for paid its social media campaigns, banner on relevant top traffic blogging sites, press release distribution.

9. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my knowledge, target audience is what you should look out for. And to the best, if you are in a thought of spending money, then I would recommend you to look out for the target audience. Facebook where the heavy traffic is popping up today, even more than that of Google. And hence facebook advertisement would make a perfect sense in your perspective.

10. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have the money, google ads should be the best bet. With google ads, you can target very specific keywords like "buy guitar lessons dvd", etc. If done correctly, the traffic will be very targeted. Google ads are expensive though.

The other cheaper alternative is facebook ads. Though they are cheaper, the ads won't be as targeted as google ads. People don't search for specific things like "buy guitar lessons dvd" on facebook. You can only target general interests.

Building your influence on social media and gaining more loyal followers is also a good way. But remember that this takes time. It's all about building relationships with the right people and helping each other out. That's contradictory to what most amateurs do on social media - " just keep on building follower quantity".

The amateur social media tactic is useless. It's just a waste of time and you are better off not doing social media if you are to take the amateur route. It could be a learning phase though :) . Remember social media takes time to build up properly.

If you want quick results, spend money on ads :D