Need Advise on my new project

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Oct 22, 2012.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Business Advice Forum Members,

I'm planning to start a website that would showcase latest gadgets etc and all the gadgets would include an affiliate link to amazon. I don't have experience in affiliate business. The new url would be unleashthegadgets.com. I need some tips and advise on how the site should work, what all should i include, what kind of theme would be the best. How to promote the business etc.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I went to Amazon's website, and they have a service called "aStore", where you can set up websites featuring Amazon products, and a URL is generated for you. I believe you can then purchase the URL "unleashthegadgets.com", and use redirect with masking so that anyone going to your URL will be redirected to the URL that was generated by Amazon for your aStore. The other way is to already have a website, and then link to your aStore from that website. Either way would be easier than setting up your own website, and linking each product individually with an affiliate link.
    I couldn't get detailed information about the "aStore" program because I am not an affiliate, but if you contact them, they can probably tell you if either of these suggestions would work.