Need advise on Logo and Graphic design Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BAF,

I have started a graphic design business where we design logos, social media covers/banners, Ad banners, Infographics,Business cards etc. I'm having a hard time finding potential clients. I tried posting in on relevant facebook groups,business groups but no go! I won't try fiverr as the rate is really cheap.

Our logos are really good.

Example 1: [​IMG]
    Example 2: [​IMG]

design.bleepingtech.com is my site. Please give me some advise on how to get more orders and potential clients.

2. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice those are really good, whats your rates? I might order a few. please let me know. Thanks

3. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are really good logos. Worthy of a good deal for many buyers. You just need to popularize your services in different forums and you will get the right deal very soon.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Anish, your logos are very good. I have one suggestion. If you are making useful posts on the forum and you want to primarily be in the design business, why use your signature links to send potential customers to affiliate sites in the hope of making a few dollars? It seems you would be much better off using your signature link for your own business.

Also, you say nothing on your site, as far as I can see, about your pricing. I think you would get more business if you at least give some general idea of how you price your design services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just created a website especially for logo design (on subdomain) . Previously I used to get work from my tech blog: bleepingtech.com but Now I decided to dedicate a site for designing purposes. I will modify the site in coming months but due to lack of time I'm not able to do so.

And yea I will change my sig link , thanks for that

6. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have sent you PM. not sure if you received it . Let me know

Do you know some forums or any other sources? Do let me know

#6 bleepingdesign, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The logos are good,made from arrows.I liked the concept.

8. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your suggestion finding good clients for a long term business?

9. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any online community where my work can be shared and get orders for ? Apart from Facebook. I'm talking about sites like behance.

10. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guys ! I'm looking for some advise on how to grow my business ? Finding new clients is really a problem. Mostly new business owners would be the ideal choice. Any way to find new websites or businesses? Tried advertising or selling at forums but its not getting me much sales. Any out of the box ideas ?

I have also kept the price low,so that shouldn't be a problem.

11. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should like some pages on your facebook and twitter account and from their you can get many people .Share your link in the pages and you will be definitely getting some positive output :)

12. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's being done Anusha.. Every project that we complete is posted on Facebook and other social networks. We get likes from the audience but not orders. May be the people who have liked are not in that target group. Facebook buy and sell groups didn't do much good as well.

The only thing that was successful was me sending sales pitch email from my business email address. Most businesses responded. I need to know where I can find some new small businesses who really need a logo or some sort of graphic design.

13. andrrival

andrrival
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logo design is of greater importance in the company's goodwill and it's a kind of advertisement. So companies want's that their logo design should unique. So this is a really good industry to earn more profit comparatively.

14. a4creations

a4creations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Designing business is too good and your designs are really awesome..

Why not you try to get business as a freelencer..

15. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's good work. Try running some ads and promoting your business on platforms like linkedin.

16. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to grow my business friend and I seeking for Ideas

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

According to you whom should i connect with? I mean should i connect with people in advertising niche or printing? Can you suggest?

17. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Anish,

I took a quick look on your designs at your website. Seems pretty cool.
    Question: What have you done so far to promote your pages? When did your business started?

I will try to share several tips that to you, which I think is something you can add to promote your business and get better clients.

1. Use LinkedIn. If you haven't, better start making use of it now. It can be a good way for you to connect with other people with businesses who might need the service that you provide.

2. Use Manta, a business social networking site. Manta have been somehow working well with several websites, sending referrals and targeted traffic. You can promote your website and your designs for free or if you want, paid.

3. Offer free design trials for interested clients.

4. Make your website, your own big portfolio. I saw your website and it seems to need and little more work when it comes to design. Although you have a page for your portfolios, but one of the best ways to attract prospective clients just as they land your homepage is your design.

5. Participate in our webmaster forum for web designs, development and graphic reviews. You may get lots of ideas from other web designers.

6. Think something more than just outside the box. I saw your designs, and again - they're all cool. But try to get more from such template based design. I remember an article about FedexLogo and how did that logo became successful. Its story might help you somehow, if you have not read it yet - http://www.fastcodesign.com/1671067/the-story-behind-the-famous-fedex-logo-and-why-it-works

Goodluck and I hope it helps.

Regards,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 2
  18. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Mark, Thanks for talking your time to provide valuable input.

I have kept my fan page active,every new work is posted and also feedback is requested. Its shared on most social networks like FB, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Pinterest. I sent personal emails to new small business owners (without spamming or links). Also shared on forums like BAF, DP, Netbuilder and get a couple of orders. The Tech blog was started long back but the graphic design business was started on July 11 2013.

1. I already use linked and try to connect with people in the niche and some related industries
    2. I had signed up for Manta but was not really interested in it but now I will try logging in again to see what I could benefit from there (thanks for the tip)
    3. Free Design Trials? ( you mean samples with watermark?)
    4. Definitely, I have given a thought for the website design as I understand its not that great! I will change it soon
    6. I frequently read some useful threads here and also search some amazing blog posts that gives ideas
    7. Finally, Thanks a lot for sharing the Fedex Logo story :) .. its really inspiring.

19. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No prob. Just gave my best shot. ;)

Yes, something like that. I know you already have a page for your sample designs [maybe those were from past clients] but try creating more porftfolio that you can showcase [aside from using your clients designs] without having problems with the copyright of the design.

20. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I updated the site theme. Added pricing table,portfolio etc Looking for some quality feedback. Work is still in progress. I will update the logo and the footer soon.If you think something needs to be changed please don't hesitate: www.bleepingtech.com

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1