Need advise on a short video advertisement

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bleepingdesign, Oct 11, 2013.

1. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BAF,

I'm trying to create a short video ad for my logo and graphic design business. The video will be like a whiteboard presentation with music in the background. It will have both images and text.

Can you help me with some catchy phrases ? or texts?

The main motive behind this video is to promote my logo design services to small and medium business owners.

Examples of Text that I want to include in the logo:

1. Are you a small business owner?

• Does your business have an eye catching logo ?

• Or does it need some freshening up?

Similar texts, I hope you got my point.

I have attached the sample video that I created (need to add more info in it)

[video=youtube;lRj2HYE4GSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRj2HYE4GSI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The first thing I noticed was that the music wasn't really "in the background" - it was the only sound on the video. Tone down the music, and add narration of the text. When you do, make sure that the tone of voice is upbeat, not boring. Also, you might want to add a video example of your question. For instance, when the video asks, "does your business have an eye-catching logo?" and the hand slides up with the shop, as the video asks "Or does it need some freshening up?", have the hand slide the shop out, and slide another one back in with the word "shop" in a fancier font. Basically, you want the action to illustrate the narration.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I really like the ad and the concept behind it. A couple of things that I would suggest are listed below.

When the words "Are you a small business owner" are first written in the video, they appear under the video top bar that says "Sample ad", perhaps you can move that text down a little?

The ad needs a call to action, if I see the ad and decide yes I would like you to design a logo, what do I do next? Perhaps you could refer the viewer to a website address at the end of the ad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot. Joeroxx. I'm not sure about narration, I will try to add that. I will definitely implement your ideas in my upcoming video. I was totally blank and badly needed some good input. :)

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I will move the words "Are you a small business owner" . Thanks for noticing that.

Call to action is the most important element in a video which i forgot. Although, this is a sample ad I had completely forgotten about call to action. Thanks a ton.

5. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finally made lots of changes to the video. Unable to add narration, may be in future I will implement it.

I still need suggestions on the current video. Let me know if you see any typo erros etc. If you can also provide suggestion for music, It would be really help.

[video=youtube_share;lqROneTppRk]http://youtu.be/lqROneTppRk[/video]

• Like Like x 1
    #5 bleepingdesign, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  6. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any suggestions on the updated video?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done bleepingdesign, the updated video is excellent. It is very professional and you should be very proud of it. Have you considered providing videos like that as a service to your clients?

The main suggestion I would make on the new version would be to shorten it a little, three minutes is quite a long time to maintain a viewer's attention for an ad. There are times in the video, when you ask a question and then show the answer being written. Perhaps you could speed up the video by leaving out the answer, e.g. when the question is written about your portfolio, you could go straight to the portfolio slide.

If that's something you feel would be worth viewing I can watch it again a perhaps suggest a couple of other ways to make it shorter.

8. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel happy that someone really like the work :). Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I would love to make it shorter or even a totally different version. It takes a lot of time to think :p . I would try and make a shorter version of this video soon. Can you suggest more ways?

Also, I would be happy to create videos for clients as well.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How much would you charge for that, please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

There are some things that you add to the slides, that perhaps you could already have on the slide when the video moves to that slide. E.g. you add the shop to the first slide, would it be possible to save a little time, by having that shop image there as soon as the slide appears in the video?

You also write headings for some of the slides after they open, I'm referring to headings such as "Excellent", "Our Portfolio" and "Features". Maybe those headings could already be written there, when the slide first opens?

10. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just read your comments, I had already created an updated version. Will create another version or concept as per your suggestions..

I have shorten the length of the video. Now its approx 2 mins.

[video=youtube_share;knkNOmmIFmM]http://youtu.be/knkNOmmIFmM[/video]

11. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Updated the video again.. reduced the length to 1:57 approx

[video=youtube_share;E6XLkevlNW4]http://youtu.be/E6XLkevlNW4[/video]

12. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have watched all videos and one thing I noticed is you started with question but did not provide any answers to them. You already jumped to your company portfolio.

From a normal user's point of view, whenever they see a question especially in ads, expect them to wait for the answer. For example, "Does your business have an eye-catching logo?", then it's the great time to tee up your business's expertise. It's not that you are just to explain to them that you are a logo design company (because on the first part of the video it is very obvious that you are a logo design company). Your expertise, call of actions, and something that will really catch the attention of your targets.

For example, "Does your business have an eye-catching logo? We are one of the top logo design companies in the United states that provides (or whatever it is) excellent logo design services, etc, etc, we are trusted by popular brands (this is where you can put your portfolio). I'm sorry for my example by the way if it sounds not good.

So that's my suggestion. If you started a question, always provide an answer.

• Like Like x 2