Need advice!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by spurs, Mar 29, 2011.

1. spurs

spurs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could some one give me a heads up to what marketing is like? and what you do?

What company is great to work for?

I want to be a marketing manager and some advice from you guys will really help me.

Thanks in advance.:)

2. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to seriously pass some prerequisites, even if I told you the various things I do everyday as Director of Marketing you wouldn't yet know how to do them. You have to read and learn in an autodidact fashion.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi spurs, what country do you live in? Are there any local colleges near you, where you could take a part time course in marketing? Are there any particular industries that you would like to work in?

If you can please give us a little more info on your background we can offer you more specific advice and suggestions.

4. spurs

spurs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

im studying for my hsc (high school certificate) and so far i've gotten 88% in business studies, and looking to go into uni. Im in australia bro. I'm not sure about what industry to go into yet. Thanks for upcoming advice. Im pretty close to a university.

5. spurs

spurs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In general...

what would it take to get into marketing? or a job in marketing? e.g. school marks, what subjects are good to have studied etc

thanks

6. locksmithaz

locksmithaz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi spurs,
    It's depend on you where is your interest and in which sector you can do better but one thing you care about that being expert in that sector you always success in your life.

7. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need at least college to start working in marketing as a good background will be necessary.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

spurs, so should I take it that you are considering studying marketing in university and you want to learn more about what a career in marketing involves, before making a final decision?

9. flintheart

flintheart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is better to take full knowledge before moving forward in it because in this one mistake can cost you a lot.