need advice to improve my marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by irvintiu, Jul 5, 2016.

1. irvintiu

irvintiu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi, my name is irvin tiu. its my first time here XD and i started a small business. it's called coolboys entertainment. the business is about providing service to clients with graphics, animation,etc.

here's our website(deviantart account)

http://coolboysent.deviantart.com/

and our main website:

http://www.coolboysph.com/

so i tried some ppc ads, ppm ads. on self service ads like rubicon, or dragon fruit.

it improves, but still not to the point of "boom" if you know what i mean. is there another company that could provide service ads like that?

i also have some ideas of stories or character's to introduce to big companies.
    but i dont know where to start.

im open for any advices. thank you :)

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

To determine how to market your business, you first need to determine the audience you are trying to reach - who uses your service. Then determine where they go to find your type of service. Do they use PPC ads, networking sites, search engines? Basically, you have to be where your potential clients are, and/or where they are looking for your type of service. You need to present yourself as someone who can provide your services better than your competition, show them you have the knowledge and skills to provide the services they need. How you do that depends on the answer to your first question. If they are on industry related networking sites, you need to write articles for these sites, and participate in discussions. If they are searching on Google, you need to use SEO, which would include the aforementioned articles and participation From what I saw on your site, your potential clients are not looking at sponsored ads. You need to go where your potential clients are looking, and let them know you exist.

3. Ink Linguistics

Ink Linguistics
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Joseph, the first step is defining your target market.

One useful exercise is to create a client avatar (this worksheet can help you do it). This gets you inside of the head of your ideal client and will help you to choose where and how to advertise.

Next, I would think about the content of your ads. When I look at your site it's not clear why I would choose you over another video editor. In your ads, you need to perfectly sum up why people should choose you over another company. Figure out your unique selling point and put it into any ads that you're still running. Once those ads run out, look into other more focused ways of advertising.

Hope this helps!

4. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take the help of social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Here you can present your arts and animated pictures and can make others aware of its usage and importance. Your tremendous work will definitely get noticed by someone who can provide you jobs or other work related to this. Social Media sites are the fastest medium to reach to your target without any difficulty, but you need to know what post or images can put a right impact on its viewers.

5. ferrychristian

ferrychristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media is the best post some adds on that, on Twitter do the same , but don't forget to add important links with that and On Instagram post some animated pictures , simultaneously on LinkedIn post some queries or other details , then definitely the level of marketing will rise up and that help for a long term.

6. irvintiu

irvintiu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

great, i will try that out. also i am think of what are great words to place on advertising.

can i add "buy now" or "order now" as call to action? would that work?

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Based om what I've seen on your website, you offer a service rather than a product, so "buy now" or "order now" probably wouldn't work. Someone looking to purchase a service would want to check out the service provider, so putting your phone number and/or email address in the ad would probably work better.

8. irvintiu

irvintiu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ah yes. that makes sense. would "click here" be ok? since its againts the rules on placing contact on banner ad.

9. Emmawilliam

Emmawilliam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Better to have a short but focused product description or article that will catch a reader's attention than provide hundreds or thousands of words that will instantly overwhelm or turn visitors off.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

"Click here" would be redundant, as banners are obviously intended to be clicked. It would be better to design a banner that makes clicking irresistible.

11. irvintiu

irvintiu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

gotcha. on ppc ads. what would you recommend? in terms of effectiveness and price wise

12. irvintiu

irvintiu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi, i just realize that i can advertise in this site

https://www.buysellads.com/buy/detail/99

so do you think this would target my audience in arts? or my service? do these sites target just random people? if so this would be not-so-good-idea right?

if there are among these sites offer to what i need, what would you recommend?

sorry if i ask too many questions

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure what you mean, can you be more specific?

I wouldn't recommend it. According to the ad you linked to, the main purpose of the company is to provide stat reports for other websites. If I were to buy their services, I would want to see the stats for my website, and nothing else. Ads included on the page, if any, would be ignored.