Need advice to how to recognize Legitimate Supplier or not.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by svglobal, Jul 25, 2014.

1. svglobal

svglobal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,
    I want to start business with two liquidation companies. I really need a feedback about premierwholesaler.com and gbyliquidations.com. I want to buy few pallets from this companies, but want to know more before I place an order.

Did anybody have a business with this liquidation company? If so, please share your experience, what you bought and what you got? If nobody on this forum worked with them, advice how you check wholesalers? I found few negative feedbacks about them, but I understand that every company has a certain percentage of negative feedback, a wholesalers working for more than 1 year and I think 2-3 negative reviews are good sign.

What do you think?

Thank you.

2. WildWing

WildWing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One super quick way to check legitimacy is how they accept payment. If it's western union, avoid. If it's paypal, you can at least get your money back if the items are not delivered or are incorrect. If it's your credit card, check the refund terms. Secondly, check the whois registration for the websites. Is it in the USA? Do they have a legit phone number? Etc. Good luck! It's always difficult.

3. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing you should do is check that the company you're dealing with has a physical, concrete location somewhere in the world.

If you are looking at a company who is part of the financial sector and deals in financial services or products, there's one simple way to check out their credentials: look them up on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) register.

Look at the website and check that If there is poor English used frequently on a website that is purporting to be trading as a USA company, this may be a clue that the company is in fact based overseas where English isn't the first language. You should also look for a privacy policy and company history on the site which will state things like how long the company has been in operation, what their ethics are, and what their mission statement is.

if you are going to purchase something online, always check the company's refund and exchange policy so you know there are steps you can take if the goods don't materialise.

4. James Martin

James Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. We can check legitimacy through the payment refund terms.