Need Advice On Website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by InsuranceQuote4Me.com, Jun 3, 2009.

1. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone! If you get a second please check out my website and give me some constructive feedback! I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

We're an insurance agency btw. Thanks Again!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first comment I would make on your website is that the text is too small. You probably need to look at that and perhaps remove some text from the home page. It might help if you used more of the horizontal screen space available to you.

Lots of small text on a home page will often drive people away from your site. That is, when they visit your home page they are likely to leave your site without clicking through to your other pages. Have you looked at your bounce rate (the percentage of visitors who only visit one page of your site) in your website statistics?

You might also look to improving the way the links are presented on the Personal Insurance page and Business Insurance Page. They don't look very professional, the way they are currently displayed with solid backgrounds. It might also help to add some text to those links, to tell the visitor that they will be brought to a form. It's a bit off-putting to be brought to a form when you are not expecting it.

Your contact form has too many links before the form itself and the form layout needs to be made look more professional.

What geographic markets do you target? You might get a higher proportion of visitors requesting quotes if you made your geographic coverage clearer. As an example, I'm reluctant to fill out a form, because it would be a waste of my time if you don't cover the Irish market, but whether or not you cover Ireland is not immediately evident from the site.

Have you looked at SEO? Your title tag is very important for your search engine listings results. However, most of the terms in your title tags will not do anything to help your site. Make them more specific.

Think about what you want visitors to do when they get to your site and consider your calls to action. (Here's a link to a book on Call to Action).

Overall it's a nice site would a good concept. Please keep us updated on your progress with it and let us know if you have any further questions.

3. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

GREAT advice! Thanks Fergal! I am going to make several changes based on your suggestions. I'll ask for another review when I believe the site is done. Thanks again, and if anyone else has suggestions or comments I'd love to hear them!

4. StoneRenew

StoneRenew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it sucks period....:D Just kidding!!! Those are pretty good suggestions I agree with the links not looking very professional. Not bad though. Not bad.

5. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK>>> Got it about the links on the personal lines products page.... And I changed them. Let me know how it is now?

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from Fergal's comments above, it would be good if you indicate what products you're selling. I think that this should be in a different page from your "contact us" link. From your "personal insurance products", I also wouldn't know if you're selling life insurance, medical and personal accident insurance, annuities, etc. New visitors will be confused and will just assume that you only cover small businesses, trucks, bars...

7. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Nazreen! Thank you for your input! Are you saying that i should go into greater detail about the products on the 'personal insurance products' page? I thought i had them listed out rather well actually. Auto, Home, Life, Health, Disability... did i miss something? lol thanks for checkin it out! please clarify your feedback for me a little tho :)

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, I also got confused because your "Contact Us" link says "You are here! :: Personal Insurance Products". I thought that this is your Personal Insurance page.

Anyway, going to your real personal insurance page, I think that you still need to give a brief intro about your personal insurance products. Not a lot of people know how to differentiate these insurance products. Like for example, what's the difference between Life and Term Life Insurance. Also, is this the complete list of products you offer - Life, Term, Disability and Health, only?

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, I think that looks much better. Looking forward to seeing more improvements on the site.

10. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you guys! I have been updating the quotemysmallbusiness.com & quotemybar.com page... I dont know how i missed the contact us page saying it was the personal products page haha... Thanks for catchin it! I will also go into a little bit more detail as to the differences between the different life products on the benefits page. Thank you Nazreen! :)

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your site is beginning to look better, well done with that. Why do you use different domains such as quotemysmallbusiness.com and InsuranceQuote4Me.com? Had you ever considered putting all the content on a single insurance related domain?

The header image on quotemybar.com looks as if it could be improved. It appears blurred and doesn't add very much to the professional appearance of the site.

Have you looked at your site from an SEO perspective and considered the most appropriate keywords for each of your landing pages?

12. StoneRenew

StoneRenew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bravo Matt Bravo :D

13. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya the banner image on QuoteMyBar.com needs to beed updated forsure. I have had several ppl mention that to me.

The multiple domains are part of my marketing strategy. I'm just starting to get into it but I will market QuoteMyBar.com to bar & taverns obviously. And I have several other specialty markets, daycares, salons, restaurants. etc... In addition I will be doing wide scale marketing & using the quotemysmallbusiness.com to attract small business owners.

Also all of these domains point to subdomains on the insurancequote4me.com site. So i'm paying only one charge.

That's the general gist. I am creating a network of sites to market my agency...

Any thoughts on my strategy? I am going to be working on SEO as soon as i get the design finalized. Already started to some extent. Thanks StoneRenew! You're the best!

THANKS!

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I can see the merits and attraction of that strategy but I would also have some concerns on it. QuoteMyBar.com is an excellent domain for getting insurance from bar owners. However, all these bar owners and mangers operate within their local community and they are likely to be asked for their opinion on insurance, by other business owners for example, by their local retail store owner. The retail store owner is unlikely to visit QuoteMyBar.com to get insurance, regardless of how highly the bar owner recommends your service.

Business owners will talk to different business owners within their local areas and various business networks. There are obvious branding advantages to having them all talk about a single insurance broker name such as InsuranceQuote4Me.com rather than talking about different names and probably not even realizing that they are all owned by the same company.

QuoteMyBar.com would be an excellent name if your business focused solely on providing insurance to bar owners, but as your business model is more generic I feel that you could benefit from a single strong insurance related brand.

Please let us know your thoughts and if you have any other business questions.

15. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can totally see your reasoning. The direct mail & overal marketing advantage of these sites is to great to disregard however... So what I need to do is find a happy medium where people realize that although they came to quotemybar.com it is just a part of the overall site, it's the specialty program site for bar owners offered or provided by insurancequote4me.com.

A large part of this problem will probably be handled through identification & branding on these marketing portals. I think its going to take some trial and error before that really gets hammered out. But no worries I have an idea. I'll work on it a little later today and post the update.

I have a meeting so ill be back in a couple of hours. No rest for the wicked. Even on Sundays. Have a good day everyone.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

So will you be branding it along the lines of "quotemybar.com part of the InsuranceQuote4Me.com group"?

17. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes something along those lines. A couple of updates here.

1- Do to unpopular feedback, which I totally agreed with, altered the quotemybar.com banner image.
    2- Added the banner image to the contact us page.

I think both of them look MUCH more professional but as always I'd like your thoughts. Any ideas on branding them smoothly. Should it be as simple as what you said or should I find a way to tie in the two logos into one? maybe both actually what do you think?

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall the site is greatly improved and looks much more professional, well done for that.

A few comments below;

• The text on the home page appears a little small, but perhaps that is just me
    • The layout of the links on the Business Insurance page could do with some changes to make the page appear more professional
    • The welcome text graphic on your blog appears a little blurred, you might want to look at that
    • Your search engine listings could be improved with some SEO work, for example your home page title tag contains key phrases that people will not be searching for.
    As always, please do keep us updated on your progress and let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Feel free to advertise your site and services in our Member Ads forum.

19. InsuranceQuote4Me.com

InsuranceQuote4Me.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe you are right about all of those items. I am recreating the business insurance page it will only have 3 links, small business, large commercial and benefits. It will also look more professional.

I am going to start working on the seo soon. And I need to reupload the blog images... Somehow they got jacked up. Thanks!

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update InsuranceQuote4Me, please let us know when you have implemented those actions and we will be happy to give you more feedback.