Need Advice for Advertising My New Online Business

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by LeanneRDesigns, Aug 6, 2012.

1. LeanneRDesigns

LeanneRDesigns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone!

I have recently started an online business selling my art. I need help with free or cheap advertising ideas to help get my business going. So far I have only had two sales(one was my dad and the other a coworker). Any advice would be appreciated!

My website is LeanneRDesigns.com

Thanks!
    Leanne

2. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well......

Here is your current Meta Tags on your site:
    They need to be expanded to at least this:

This will help you get some visitors to your site. Obviously, this isn't to be taken in 100% as-is format, as you SHOULD change things to whatever you think sounds best. Other than that, you need to start marketing, either by yourself or through a freelancer/firm and get some backlinks to your site so it can be searchable via Google, Yahoo and Bing.

If you have any questions about my suggestions, let me know and I'll clarify them up for you.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you could have your advertising on Social Media Sites, you could see how many likes would it get and see its potential to the market, and by that time, you cold go for Ads posting, start with free first, then if you found that effective, then you could have full feature for Ads. :)

4. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can active in forums, social media and write the fresh and great article.

5. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You fist need to set your site SEO friendly. Then must do SEO by individual or firm. Then you get your goal as a success.

6. robinsagg

robinsagg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

best way to advertising is clssyfied ads.

7. nvir477

nvir477
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks To all Of You With The Help Of You I got So many Solution Of That..Thanks..

8. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First make your website SEO friendly.upload blog,article and videos on your site to get more traffic..social media sites will help a lot for publishing and advertising for your business product.PPC is one of the effective online advertising method for selling product/services,but it requires high budget..

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First at all, you need to branch marking by visiting similar site which having a good sell. If your art is good in term of quality, price and delivery compare to them, then only you move to promoting and/or marketing

10. Laura7

Laura7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend this website: ibotoolbox.com
    Good luck!

11. LeanneRDesigns

LeanneRDesigns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, thanks for all the responses!

Hey, thanks for all the advice! I do have a couple questions. I'm not familiar with what Meta Tags are. What do they do?

Do you have any recommendations of specific ways to market and get backlinks to my site? I would like to get it Searchable via Google, etc.

Thanks again!
    Leanne

12. LeanneRDesigns

LeanneRDesigns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks! I do have a Facebook page set up for my business. There are a few links to it on my site. I currently have 65 likes. Where and how can I post free ads?

Leanne

Hello, thanks for the reply! What does SEO friendly mean and how do I do that?

Hello,

As I posted previously, I do not know what SEO friendly means. Adding a blog or articles of some sort is a good idea! Thank you!

Are you just suggesting that I look at other sites that sell similar products to see how I compare? I have definitely looked around to see what my competition is. I guess i'm just not understanding what you are saying I should do?

Thanks,
    Leanne

Hey, thanks! The site looks like it could be pretty helpful, but I don't understand what exactly it does and how it works. What is it all about?

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I am not an HTML expert, as I work in sales for a website marketing firm, but I do know a little about Meta Tags. StarkSEM may be able to fill in what I am not familiar with. The Title Tag becomes the Heading of your listing on the Search Engines. The "description" Meta Tag becomes the short snippet below the heading. Some say it does not really help your rankings in the search engines, but it helps the searcher know whether you actually have what they are looking for. The "keywords" Meta Tag lets the search engines know what keywords you want your website to be ranked for.
    Sources for backlinks include articles, press releases, and blog entries. With recent changes to Google's algorithm, it is important to make sure that you are getting quality links from a diverse number of sites, and not to have too many of the same type of source, i.e., too many directory listings or ".edu" sites.

Basically, SEO friendly means you give the search engines what they want, without violating their Webmaster Guidelines. With that in mind, in addition to the changes StarkSEM suggested, you need to add more content to your pages that the search engine's bots can index(sprinkling in the keyword phrases you want to be ranked for). Make sure that you are not writing just for the search engines, but are keeping the visitor in mind. You also need to make sure that your site is easily navigable, with no broken links. I have requested a preliminary analysis of your site, and can let you know what the results are in a later post.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Applying SEO to optimize your website, maybe you need a SEO software. Onpage optimization and offpage are both important.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a preliminary SEO analysis done on your site. The site received a score of 28.86%(F) out of a possible 100%. In addition to the addition of meta tags mentioned previously, and the additional content I had suggested, there are several problems with the linking to and from the site, and none of your images include "ALT" text (text that is displayed instead of images when the images cannot be displayed). Your homepage is also shares duplicate content with one other webpage, which could be because your homepage can be accessed using the URL or with the URL including the"index.html" extension. After these errors are fixed, you can then start getting backlinks from the previously mentioned sources.

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-RexCards

T-RexCards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best free ways to promote your website is with a blog. Start small and targeted and gradually branch out, making sure that your topics that you cover are rich of keywords that you'd like to target to show up in search engines. Over time, you'll build up some nice back-links and articles that will be indexed in the major search engines. If you do a good job, perhaps people will also link to you, creating more search engine equity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to add a blog to your site. This would increase content on your site and as we all know by heart now that Google loves content, so adding content is necessary. Also as the experts have said and explained before me. Make sure your site is SEO friendly (I know you don't understand this term for now :D)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ocean Archer

Ocean Archer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we started a small business selling out of our garage, and now we have 10 full time employees and 30 seasonal employees. The fastest way to jumpstart traffic to your products is either google adwords or put your products in an online marketplace (eBay or Amazon). adwords cos a lot, so probably isn't the best strategy for you yet. I highly recommend getting started with eBay, Amazon, Sears, buy.com, NewEgg, or a host of other marketplaces that you can sell on.

We started with eBay, and 5 year later, we have several successful sites: www.costumealibi.com, www.costumelicious.com, www.devilishdisguise.com, and www.babytown.com but most of our traffic still comes from online marketplaces.

19. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While online marketing like SEO can help you, I highly recommend looking into some offline marketing as well. Etsy is so big now so online it’s harder to get noticed with things like this. However offline you can deal with people on a more personal level. On a side note, I love your smelly sock idea!

20. KelleyBA29

KelleyBA29
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for cheap ads I found Google Adwords to be cheap and you can target keywords using the tool they provide. Also, you can put in money as you go so that you don't exceed your budget on advertising. I'm also on a limited budget and it helped me. But before Adwords I would get your SEO where you need it to be and make sure you have good FREE traffic also. Google Analytics is a free traffic counter to reflect how well your SEO is working. Good Luck! :)