Need A Helping Eye-pls check this blog.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by CarlJackley, Jun 2, 2010.

1. CarlJackley

CarlJackley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://sandyorthodontist.com/

this is the Blog my buddy from sandy created. he's been asking me to take a look it and give him some comments. I told him it's neat and simple which is good, he's not satisfied with my answer. perhaps he wanna hear me say change it.

Need a helping eye... I'll let my friend know about it. thanks

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would help if we knew what he planned to do with it.

I'm guessing it's set up just so he can put Adsense on it and links. None of the Resources are related to the subject and the About page isn't even changed from the default. Where's his business? There's nothing listed about him or his business there. I have my suspicions that sandy's no orthodontist because he'd sure set up his profile on his own site before he'd add links for weight loss, metal detectors and electric shavers.

All signs point to this being a spam blog. He probably plans to sell it after getting the hits from review requests so the numbers look good.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with Kay's views on the site. It looks as if the primary purpose of the site is to generate revenue through Google Adsense. There's nothing wrong with that, but it might help if the ads were a little more integrated and the focus of the blog was on providing quality content to visitors. If you can do that you will get more clicks on your ads and hence generate more revenue. One small thing you could do is place the site navigation links above the Google Adsense ads, rather than below them.

Overall the site design looks smart and professional. Good luck with it!

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems to me that it's just a normal blog that just want to share some information to the readers.
    The design is really simple. And I think it needs more work to be done. Like the logo of the site.
    And regarding what Kay and Fergal had said, this seems to be true since there are some unrelated sites in your resources. How come a metal detector site related to health? Well, just saying...

5. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe instead of those google ad links, replace them with a navigation bar. Other then that, the site looks pretty well organized.

One suggestion, get a new banner.

6. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall it looks fine, but the ads are perhaps too prominent. Is he looking to advertise his own business, or just make Adsense revenue?

The content is unique at least (well the parts I googled are) so that will help.

The about page is still the Default wordpress page so I think you need to update that. It is where a lot of people will go if they want to see who you are and what the site is for.

7. Doblo7

Doblo7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks like it has been cleaned up a little as the site looks fine to me now. I don't really think people are too hung up about the look of a site - I think if the information is relevant and well written you will be fine. After all - everyone sees a site differently. Some will see a site and think WOW - althers will think - too Jazzy or fancy...You can't win!

8. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it doesn't seem clear what the site wants to achieve.

Is it an info blog site? Is it an article journal?

Also, maybe it would help if there's a form box where visitors of the site can use to send queries or request for more info. That way, the owner of the site can also use that as a tool to get leads.

9. bassamy

bassamy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it was not clear enough but I think it's a unique position

10. Business Forms

Business Forms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it looks pretty good.. I agreed that it is nothing but source of revenue generating through Google Adsense..

I thing you should improve your blog may be put some pictures for somewhat attractive look...

11. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your Google ads at the bottom are wrong. They are a skyscraper rather than banner

12. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought it looked OK, a little ad heavy and yes as GekiDan said the ads along the bottom are the wrong format.

I wasn't sure who it was targeting then looking at the dates with no updates since mid May started to guess everyone else was right with regard to just being a revenue raiser. I clicked the nav menu thinking there might be more specific content only to find pages of ads.

If I happened to visit this I would never go back and as a consumer would be a little miffed to be directed to a site almost exclusively made of ads with no useful direction to me looking for a Sandy Orthodontist I can trust.