Need a Help!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Missnancyalex, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to work with a company as a freelancer and it was all like a job. They hired me and I worked for them for a couple of months. They seemed to be a legitimate company but now they haven't been paying my wages. I have asked them several times and now I have decided to take some measures and teach them a lesson.
    Can you guys help me out with it?
    Looking forward to your suggestions.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have they given you any kind of reason or explanation for not paying?

3. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I empathize with you, Nancy. Did you have contracts with the company? Legal documents when you started? The challenge with online transactions is usually they're one sided. I once had a client revoke all payments made to me after I did most of the work. I fought it with the mediating company, but at the end, they took back all previous payments. That was a nightmare.

I would see if there's an amicable way to resolve before pulling all the legal stops. It can get hefty in costs, so pick your battles.

Good Luck!

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you got any agreement or any legal document which proves that you were working for them and they decided to pay you at the end of the work?

5. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hm...i think that even if they will pay you finally you should retire from this company, just think if they didnt pay you for several month and you had to remind them about it....they will think that you will do it every month! it is a very bad situation, you should search for another job!

6. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can take them to court, if it's a freelance basis check any contracts which can stop them from paying you, if not then I would take the to court if it's been going on for sometime.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is hard to get the money from them. I can only suggest you ask the company pay by using escrow and release the payment end of the month in future, this is more safe

8. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Escrow is the best option, in similar matters. But, it is only useful when the transactions are big enough. There charges are pretty high and thus I avoid them in small transactions. Also, for receiving small amount for freelance work I always prefer 50/50 payment. So, both the parties will be safe.

9. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No they don’t. They simply not answering my Emails and remove me from skype. Now I have No means to contact them. :dunno:

No I don’t have any legal contract with them because we both belongs form different countries and laws are different in each country.
    I think having no legal contract is the biggest problem!
    :rolleyes:

10. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I already have done this and only last month’s pay is stuck.

I will more careful in future and surely follow these step! but what about now!

11. MariaFrolova

MariaFrolova
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They won't pay you. At least have ur mp3 recorder while dicussing stuff IRL. Some proves at least...

12. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always want to know how this works. Especially like this one that both parties are in different countries. How can one be sure that the other one will definitely pay them back?

13. sendey

sendey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You should consult with a legal adviser.He can advice you better.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to say that you can only keep on email them, if they dont reply, you cant do anything
    Pay for the lessen and dont repeat the mistake in future

15. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where did you find that employer from? Any forums? Or any freelancing sites? You can post on the forums and make others aware about it. Sometimes because of this the employer may pay by caring about it's reputation. If you found it from some freelancing site then you can complain to those freelancing site if they can take some actions on the employer or maybe they can reveal some of there information so you can contact them legally?

16. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its my friends referral but he can't help me because he already leave the job and facing the same situation.

17. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if this is the case, then you at least know the name of the company and their contact info too. Email them and ask them to reply your email or you will let all the world knowing they are not paying you through social media/social network/forum etc

18. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am giving some time to them and use this method as a last resort.
    What about Reverse SEO!