Necessity to submit annual accounts when dissolving an LLP?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by nickbond88, Jul 5, 2011.

1. nickbond88

nickbond88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I'm based in the UK and setup an LLP in september 2009 along with my business partner. We only setup the business during our placement year and haven't made very much (less than £1k) however we now wish to close it down. What process should I go through to do this? I know we must fill in a LLDS01 form to dissolve the LLP however our first annual accounts (21 months from the incorporation date) are due on the 21 July. When I rang Companies House they stated that once we send the LLDS01 form to dissolve the company, Companies House will not "chase us" for the accounts, does that mean we do not have to submit them (as I really don't know what to do!). Also, how do we go about informing HMRC that we are closing the business and what happens to the Partnership Return that is still due for April 2010 - April 2011?

I've found this forum a great resource in the past but only now just got round to signing up so my thanks and appreciation goes to anyone that can help!!