Name for business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bananow, Aug 30, 2011.

1. bananow

bananow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a name for a business I want to start. It will be concerning SEO, Online Reputation Management, Web Marketing, Web PR, Webdesign and basically everything about the web, but for the start mainly web marketing as I mentioned above.

I came along a company called BeeOnline and they have their theme in the tune of bees. I would like something like that as well. I will be operating outside of the US, UK and English speaking countries, so please do also post company names that are already taken there.

Thank you for your ideas

Tomas

2. bananow

bananow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I apologize, maybe the post isnt clear enough. The new name doesnt have to do anything with bees, I just thought that BeeOnline was a good example of using a homophone :) I am open to all ideas of course :)

3. BertAustin

BertAustin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, This is depend you, What are you like. The onlinebee is the very nice name.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Beeonline is a great site and has offer lots of web packages but beeonline however i think is not strategical name for a company that provides services over the internet like webdesign and SEO.

whether it will make the name too long, i still suggest having a keyword on its domain and the name of course.
    somewhat WebConcerningSeo.com it may sound funny though but what can say? :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about something like TargetMarket.com, or MarketCity.com?

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Webmaster SEO
    WebSEO
    SEOMarket
    Online Optimization
    WebMarket

Though, I'm prettysure these would be taken ;P

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like the BeeOnline they have their own concept,Maybe you think a good concept that fits you and you really know about it so that you could have it.

8. Austin01

Austin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEOFly is my suggestion. As far as I know, it's not registered.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bananow

bananow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the replies everyone! I really do appreciate it! What do you think of iPromotions? I sort of thought it incorporates all of the services.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like a great name bananow, very professional and it describes perfectly what you want to do.

11. CoachJulie1

CoachJulie1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest a good 'old fashioned brainstorming session and get friends and family involved. Just start writing down every word that comes to mind on a separate notecard or piece of paper. From product/service to adjective, value proposition, to fun to cute or serious. Then you can move words around, group words together, etc and narrow down and come up with "the one". Remember to keep in mind your target audience, what might resonate with them and what image you want to project. Also, try not to tie yourselft into something too specific so that if your business changes, the name you've built a brand around still fits.

Good Luck!

Julie Palus
    Empowered to Achieve Coaching

• Like Like x 1
  12. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CoachJulie1 has a valid point, don't tie yourself into a name that's too specific incase any adjustments are made to the business. I like Austin01 suggestion too.