NA to 3 google page rank ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by graphic designer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it possible after from moving my site from na to 3 that i won't be able to move it up any higher via seo with google? I am running an all flash website.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I need a clarification here, because many people have asked how to increase their Page Rank (note the use of capital letters), which is the number from 0-10 that shows how much Google likes your site, and was named after Larry Page. SEO, on the other hand, is used to increase your website's position in the SERP's, which have 10 positions on each page. Until your site gets to the top 5 on page 1, your page rank, or position on the page, doesn't mean as much as some think it does. I should also point out that your Page Rank also does not effect your page rank as much as some seem to think it does.
    Also, although you may use on-page optimization to increase your Page Rank, you would need to also use a strategic program of backlinking to increase your page rank, or position in the SERP's.
    So, as long as your site follows Google's Webmaster Guidelines, and there are no errors in the Link Flow or coding of your site, you have gone as high as you can go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PR is just depend on the dofollow backlink, once you get enough dofollow backlink or saying backlink juice, then your PR will increase. PR is one of the factor that affect your SERP but not the only factor

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is possible. You can achieve much higher PR but that depends on how your website is doing. Moving from N/A to 3 for an all flash website is really awesome.

Actually there is unranked then 0-10. PageRank is different from SERPs. PR is the green bar if you download tools that specifies what PR is the Page you are viewing. It is a ranking factor like sigma said but not the ONLY factor. SERPs is what we call Search Engine Ranking Pages. When you search in Google or Yahoo or other search engines then clicked search, the next page is their SERPs. Ranking in SERPs can go up to 500 or more but the best positions are in the first page of course.

Some webmaster still are having problems even if they obey the Webmaster Guidelines. But there are a million of explanation why, depends on the situation you are in.

So far that's the only thing about PR. You should get dofollow links if you want it to increase.

5. BoBo_184

BoBo_184
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think it is possible to go higher regardless of how your site is coded.

at this point I am assuming you've exhausted more basic forms of link building such as directory submission and have gotten a few backlinks from websites similar to yours.

to go higher, you need to increase its backlinks by getting the site featured in more places like online blogs and news websites. Get people to talk about it. it's not easy so if you find a good way to achieve this, please share your tips with us :D

6. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That’s awesome but I just wanted to know about how much time it takes to achieve PR 3 and what kind of SEO you do for this site because PR depends on do follow links. According to my observation its only possible with Do follow links because everyone know Google is trying to learn flash but It couldn’t read it properly.

7. jwmann2

jwmann2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True but you also need a good mixture of nofollow backlinks to. How would it look if your website has 300 Dofollow links and 5 nofllow links? Very unnatural and man made. The more backlinks the better, in general. And no page rank does not guarantee success in the SERPS but it gives you authority for positions if you are doing all of your SEO properly.

8. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that you can do by making some fine backlinks from authority websites.

9. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finally found a post that I can replied, the entire BAF is full of spam.

From what I notice, most of the average seo optimization site stop at PR3. site without rich quality content and have huge do follow link backlink, PR5 is the ceiling. Blog or forum with rich content and high visit rate, it can be reach up to PR7. PR8 and above is trusted domain like digg, techcrunch, bing.

PR9 - Facebook, youtube, Google, apple, yahoo, blogger (site can make huge impact to world wide web and billion user usage)

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well according to Google:
    Agree.

You can report it to Fergal and other mods.

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will still move up though but will need tons of quality backlinks.

12. cpaoutsourcing

cpaoutsourcing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PR is just rely on the dofollow back-link, once you get enough dofollow back-link or saying back-link juice, then your PR will improve. PR is one of the element that impact your SERP but not the only element

13. MarkHanis321

MarkHanis321
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google increases the page 0 to 2/3 but getting more higher is the most difficult task to do because Google measures many of the aspects because its about the authority websites who got the higher PR.

14. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there are such limitation, you wont be able to see other site ranking PR3 and above. Flash site are harder to crawl by search engine, but it is still possible to over PR3. wix.com is PR8

15. SaraMartin01

SaraMartin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will still move up but remember the higher it goes the tougher it will be. Its really easy to get 2,3 or 4 page rank but to increase it you'll have to get more quality links. Matt Cutts has stated it several times that one should be prepared for a fierce competition in order to increase page rank from 3 to above.

16. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One point to increase PR is that site must be linked internally well and html validated. Do follow back links plays the main role from top ranked websites.

17. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its very simple just get the authority and high pr dofollow backlinks for your website.