MyBusinez.com updates/ new features

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by mybusinez.com, Jan 21, 2010.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm just wondering if visitors here can check out the new features I've added on www.mybusinez.com . I know there was issues with the site the last time I posted but I've added blogs, bulletins, jobs sections and fixed them up. You can now add blogs, bulletins, jobs, companies but more than that you can manage them by updating them all.

I'm also planning to add blog comments so other users can comment on your blog (blog owners will be able to delete these if they are in appropriate) as well the HTML code so you can link to your blog from your own website to tell visitors you've got a blog. Your blog entries will be added to the main page for all visitors to see. The more people that are on the site the greater chance you have of advertising your services.

I also have even more features on my mind that I want to get onto the site.

I wonder can some of you guys have a look at it and tell me if it is easy or hard to use and what you think I could do to make the site better and easier to use?

Thanks for any help.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

First of all I would say that when first visiting your site it is not immediately clear as to what your site has to offer and how a business owner can benefit from using your service. If you want to attract first time visitors into your site, you will need to make this very clear.

If I understand it correctly, your target market is business owners. What is the primary benefit that these businesses will get from your site?

3. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may need to work little bit for your website design. I prefer something simple and yet worth designing.

As Fergal suggested, the site should be clear cut. I too feel your site having not clear interface. Anyways, congratulation on the site but have a little more work on it.

4. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks very much guys. I agree with you both. I think will keep the features but focus on a specific area.

5. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm just wondering what you guys think I could salvage from this site? I spent 2 weeks and then 3, 12 hour days on this site and it kind of blew up in my face lol.

If you ran a company. What would you want to see on the site that could help your business? Online selling? Free marketing through e-shots to all users? Marketing through newsletters? Market Research? Put your products online with descriptions? I have an advert set up to go out to almost 40,000 people next week so I need to get this together quick. Any suggestions would be really great.

Thanks in advance.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The main thing I would want to get from the site is publicity and advertising. Anything that would help to promote BAF would be great. (On that note the link to BAF on your site is broken, it has an extra "http//" in it. Can you please fix that?)

Different users will have different requirements. For me it's publicity, for another user it might be the ability to find a candidate for a job. However, the fact that we are in a recession means that most businesses are experiencing a fall in sales, hence, anything that helps to promote their business would be great. What about focusing on the promotional benefits that your site can offer to its users?

You could have a large heading along the lines of MyBusinez.com, giving excellent promotion to your business. Then have a list of bullet points below that, along the lines of "Join for free (or whatever the cost is) and get;
    Free publicity on our site, with x visitors / hits per month
    Free inclusion in our newsletter to x members per month
    etc, etc.​

These are just quick thoughts, but overall the site looks great and with a bit of focus it could be very attractive to your members. As I mentioned before think about who your target users are and how they will benefit from your site. Then make these benefits the main thing that becomes obvious to your first time visitors. Also, take every opportunity you get to speak to your target users and ask them how your site might be able to help them.

Good luck with it.

7. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice Fergal. I'm going to act on your advice and try to fix up the site. I managed to get almost 400 pageviews today which is great. I got some good feedback from users also. I'm going to start a marketing campaign soon and I hope that will help the site grow also.

Thanks for the advice again.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update mybusinez.com and well done on those page views. Onwards and upwards!