My Website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by PcGuy, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PcGuy

PcGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So i have been struggling my with my website over the time it has been up and was wondering if maybe i could get some pointers or assistance. My site http://pcprobs.org just isnt really picking up too much traffic and new members so please help me out guys :) Thanks i appreciate it

2. merlinsorca

merlinsorca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the way you set up the website. It's pretty straightforward with the menu on the left and login bar at the top. I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, but I was a bit confused about what it was at first. I know that it is a forums site about PCs, but the homepage threw me off. I thought it was just a website for articles. I found the "Register" button and the "Forums" button, but if it is a forum website with an arcade I would just put the forums index as a homepage.

3. PcGuy

PcGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well its set up like that because we are also a blog :)

4. NealAAL

NealAAL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then perhaps it is what confuses people. I click your link expecting articles and how-to, but the how to is embedded somewhere in the blog. Perhaps you should also create an introduction to explain what the site is about, as opposed to a post that is a long-read.

5. PcGuy

PcGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So your saying have like a post that sticks to the top of the blog saying we are a forum and to join do this and yada yada yada? We could do that

6. NealAAL

NealAAL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Post, Banner, whatever

Yes, exactly. Whatever it is, a post or something else, to introduce the site and its purpose. Right now you see, the whole page is occupied by the XP to 7 post. You may have gotten the drift already, try an invitation.

7. nitinkumar

nitinkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For traffic you need to advertise your site. Traffic does not come easily. You have to spend money to get fast traffic. Once rank of your site start to increase interested visitors started to come. So first try to get huge traffic. You can get traffic via traffic exchange sites, via site which pays their members for visiting your sites.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for posting your question about your site PcGuy. I think your site looks great and I congratulate you on the work you have done so far.

What is the main objective of the site? Is it to provide a forum where people can go and post a question if they would like some IT technical support?

What benefits will your site provide to your visitors? Have you thought about how your site is unique and can provide your visitors with something special that they won't easily find elsewhere?

Try to look at your site from your visitors' perspective rather than in terms of what it offers. For example the "Support" category of your forum is well down on the page. Maybe it needs to be closer to the top, if your visitors are coming to your site to ask a question. Maybe it should be called something else like "Get PC Help Here" or "Ask your PC Related Questions Here".

Another example of where you might focus more on your visitors is in your slogan "Discover your PC". It's perfect if that's what your site is primarily about. However, if your site aims to provide PC support a tag line something like "Your PC Questions Answered" or even one of the previous phrases I posted ("Get PC Help Here" or "Ask your PC Related Questions Here") might work better.

I'd also echo the opinions of previous posters, that your site should have an introductory paragraph or even a couple of short points that clearly explains what your site is about, in terms of how your visitors can benefit from it. When a visitor first goes to your site, you only have a few short seconds to capture their interest, if you don't grab their attention in those quick seconds they will leave and go elsewhere.

Please post back with your thoughts and I will respond with more suggestions.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website is really good. It is very good as a forum.
    However, if you are making it as blog too, then it is less of content.

10. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website is good and nice and made in the proper structure that is good for the business, just need few good back links from the authority sites which help your site ranking and also increase the revenue of the business.

11. HomeBusinessWebs

HomeBusinessWebs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the website isn't loading - page not found.

12. dhani421

dhani421
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website taking so much time for loading ... :|

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is almost 6 years old, and the website apparently no longer exists. This thread has therefore been closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.