My website review

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by elids1979, Feb 10, 2011.

1. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I would like to receive a review for the website http://www.lingolearn.com/
    any suggestion about how to make it better would be very appreciated!
    thanks,
    eli

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on your site eli, it looks quite good. I do however, feel that its general appearance could be made a little more professional in order for it to be more successful. Learning a language is a big decision for someone and generally involves a big commitment in terms of time and money. Hence, when someone is engaging in this process, they will want to be sure that they are working with professionals.

If you are serious about your site, it would help to get a professional graphic designer to design a site header and navigation area for you. Sharpening both of those areas up, could really improve the professionalism of your site and help you to make more sales.

Please don't take me up wrong, your site does look very good. It's just that you will have a better chance of making sales from it, if you make it even more professional.

Good luck with it.

3. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eli, you consider put the " contact us" beside " learn hebrew"

and the blue text into black text to make it eye friendly.?

4. Celene Harrelson

Celene Harrelson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks good, except I would change the font size to smaller and the font color to black for a more polished professional look. The large blue makes it look a bit amateurish. Otherwise good.

5. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    Thanks a lot for the comments
    About the design, it is definitely our plan to hire a designer, so far we have spent 190$ on freelancers for designing and programing the site, we are aware that we would have to invest more on sharpening and maybe a new customized template, we will do it very soon.
    Thanks also for the other comments, about the buttons, text font and color, we will also change that soon.
    If you have any new suggestions, it would be great to hear them!!

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site really looks good. Although it needs a little polishing to have that professional look.

BANNER/HEADER: It needs more work here. It will look better if you have a professional looking logo that will act as the branding of your site.
    FAVICON: You have the default Joomla favicon. It would be better if you add up a customized or personalized one.
    TEXT: I agree to Celene here. The text seems to be quite large. Maybe use a smaller font to make it more appealing to the eyes.

Another thing, the Help graphic with a Christmas Tree below the page is a bit distracting in my opinion.
    Best thing is to remove it and put a "Contact Us" and "About Us" graphic beside the "Learn Hebrew" box.

Good luck on your site.

7. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, I think the logo is a bit too wide. You should probably got with a much more simpler one. Also, I thought the navigation looked kind of awkward where it was. Im not sure exactly what it is but I think it may be a little small and long.

8. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello
    Thanks again, your remarks about the logo makes us consider a new one, I will try to put it on the site soon so you can share your opinion.
    Favicon remark is also a good one, we will change it soon.
    We are now entering another period of trying to make the site better, so any remarks will be welcome.
    Our main cause right now is make people schedule a free trial lesson, do you think we are doing it right?
    Thanks alot for the feedback.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Offering a free trial is a great idea and will help entice visitors to start using your service. You could even give the users of the free trial a discount code for their next lesson, this gets them into the habit of paying for your service and gently moves them from someone who is trialling your free service to becoming a paying customer.

I would suggest that you give the free trial offer greater prominence on the site. A large graphic offering it will bring it to the immediate attention of more of your visitors and should increase the number of them who avail of the trial. Next to the "Learn Hebrew" button and above the "Contact Us" button, could be a good location for such a graphic.

10. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent suggestion, we are currently working on designing a button of "free trial lesson" in the exact location you offered.
    Trial lessons are our strategy, it is prety hard, since they are given free, and have their costs in time, but since we are new in the business, we have to do what we can to survive..
    I am really thankful about all your suggestions, currently we are undergoing a site improvement and the suggestions in this thread actually gave us a good to do list.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it elids1979, please feel free to let us know when you have made the updates and we will give you further feedback.

12. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I would like to thank you all for your suggestions, we have just finished a freelancer project on working on the site, and most of the suggestions were implamentned.
    If you have any more ideas it would be great to hear, a big part of our project was the derived from the feedback we got from you, so thanks again, and looking forward to getting more ideas..
    eli

13. sanjananb

sanjananb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice website...i love it

14. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a really nice looking site. The colours are great, the graphics are alright. The only thing I would probably change is the font in the header. Maybe something like advent or Aller would suit this site better. Okay, maybe I would center the links in the footer, too. :) It's very easy to navigate though. I like it.