My Website Design Company faces problem with Employees

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lomey, Feb 10, 2015.

1. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We manage is web designing service company in Mumbai city, the work is distributed between office and virtually working web designers. I could not understand how big companies manage virtual staffs. These employees, i don't know intentionally or unknowing, are some how not working the way they work while in office. We facilitate them for virtual working for better efficiency and with all support. But i would look for advice on virtual staffing.
    Is virtual working negative?

2. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How are your paying them?

For a virtual staff you should pay by project completed. Then, they can do as much or as little as they wish to do.

Since they are not in an office environment you cannot supervise them. Paying by project completed should be reasonable exchange for their freedom to work whenever they want.

Aggressive workers will earn more because they accomplish more. Give projects to workers that accomplish the most.

3. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We pay salary.

our services don't have specification fixed, as such, so dead lines setting fails as new changes client gives, till he is satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  4. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do your staff members "earn" the right to work from home? Is there a probationary period where they work in an office environment before they are allowed to become virtual employees?

Perhaps you should allow a slow transition from being office-bound employees to virtual employees. So. after 3 months of satisfactory work in the office they can take one day a week to work at home. If that proves satisfactory then two days a week. And so on.

When daily production suffers, increase their office-bound days until they get their productivity up.

Hopefully your employees do not consider virtual work a right, but rather a privilege for good productivity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nancy Olson

Nancy Olson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a virtual staff you should pay them after the completion of the project/task. This approach will bound the employees and will work with full enthusiasm to complete the project and get paid as soon as possible.