My urgent goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kleidmoore, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kleidmoore

kleidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard from a friend that I am one of the list for up coming promotion. I will do my very best just to prove to them that i deserve that promotion. And I'm really eager to have it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with that kleidmoore. Have you started doing anything or working harder to help you secure that promotion?

3. dvduval

dvduval
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was always a person that communicated with my bosses before any decisions about promotions. I would try to make sure we setup some goals together, and then I would make sure I did a good job and go over progress or any issues affecting my ability to meet the goals. In general, you need to show a desire to set and complete goals, not just that you want more money.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's wonderful news, kleidmoore! Gather together any tangible proof you have of why you deserve it for two reasons: one, to remind yourself of your achievements and two, to be prepared in case you are asked why you deserve it.

Some examples could be:
    • letters of thanks
    • positive appraisals of your work
    • stats that show increased productivity, higher sales or improved processes since you've been in the job that directly relate to your contribution
    • ideas you've put forward the company went on to adopt
    • praise from superiors
    • any staff awards you've received

Having such things to hand will build your confidence too. I'm not saying shove it under your bosses' noses! Just be ready to produce it if need be to remind them too of your positive contributions.

Also, think carefully about the job you're being considered for, why you would want it and why you're the perfect candidate. Are you up for the job? Could you handle it? How would you make it better?

They may ask you one or two of these questions or they may not ask you at all. You have no way of knowing. If you've already thought about them though, you'll give a more solid response that just a general "I'll do my very best". That's good too, but this would help improve on it. It shows them you've been thinking about moving up the ladder and are interested.

Be ready with a thoughtful response and you won't be caught off guard. Good luck! Keep us posted on what happens please. And in the meantime, be extra vigilant in your dealings with staff, management and customers to give them the best service you can and go that extra mile. You never know who has the ear of the decision makers.

#4 Kay, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. kleidmoore

kleidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal, Actually I started everything from the very begginning. Because for me, when I do a job I always do it right. Maybe that's the reason why my boss offering me a promotion aside from the coffee that i gave to my him. lol. I'm a barista in my previous job that is why he really likes all my coffee blends. Just an update, He already talk to me with regards to the promotion. The promotion will be announce on our company anniversary this coming June. I'm so thankful and excited about it.

Thanks to all of you guys. I feel your concern and support. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Barista is a new word for me, you learn something new everyday.

Good luck with everything kleidmoore, it sounds very positive, please keep us updated and let us know if there is anything we can help with.

7. StephenHarry

StephenHarry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nothing is impossible in the world but it depends upon your capacity that how much you can bear and up to what extent.So work hard you will get success.

8. kleidmoore

kleidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. Anyway Barista is the person who responsible for coffee making, doing different coffee blend such as hot, cold or frost coffee. If bartender is for cocktails and hard drinks, barista is for coffee blends.:)

9. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice to know that your hard work has payed off and you are on your to climb one more ladder of hierarchy.
    You need not pressurize your self to do some thing special in order to ensure your progress.just do whatever you are doing on a consistent basis.
    Make a point to make small progress every day.these small progresses will add up to create a huge difference in your career.

10. kleidmoore

kleidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your message Appreciate it. :)

11. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wishing you good luck!:)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If the Original Poster would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.