My site got hit by EMD

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by leonella769, Dec 27, 2012.

1. leonella769

leonella769
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you suggest anything to recover from EMD. My 8 sites got hit badly and I have lost approx. 300 USD per month.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8 sites! Then your sites must not have enough valuable contents.

3. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start building quality links. Based on what I've learned so far, you just have to build links on quality sites that relevant to yours. Also create a valuable content, fresh, unique and interesting to read.

4. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Add quality content not junk, And you will maintain your rankings better in your next campaign. Just keep moving!

5. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is the best thing to do, I have found if you higher a few workers to do artricles for you, you will be able to come out with more content making your comeback even better.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but there is no shortcut to recovery. As several members above have said, concentrate on improving content. Adding interesting, well-written content with a fresh perspective is your best long term plan for bringing your sites back.

Along with that, look at your backlink profile and see where you can improve by adding some quality backlinks. But concentrating on getting backlinks is a poor choice if your content is not up to par.

7. william1

william1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality links and good quality content can save the website from this effect. Start building good links and improve the quality of site.

8. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guest you must never spend time to build content and contribute to public. One of our site Malaysia Fair (malaysiafair.com), have lot of bad signal e.g. layout problem, EMD and duplicate content, the site never hit by Google algorithm.

Over the time, we keep thinking of how Google judge a quality content, the answer we get is social signal, CTR and bounce rate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really difficult to recover from EMD.For recovering from emd you have to change your targeted keywords,like if your website is abc.com and can't choose abc as your primary keyword,you need to pick another keyword like a and bc like that.One of my website is also penalized by emd update.My website url is donatecarforcash.net and i was targeting donate car for cash.My keyword was ranked first page of google and after emd update it goes to 500 pages backward.

10. leonella769

leonella769
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My sites are microniches having 10+ articles which I got written by professional writers

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

sorry to hear that. What are you doing to recover it.

11. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing you can do is to drive traffic first to your website. This sounds quite weird, but I must agree with Altcom. Maybe you are just building links to your website without tracking your traffic stats. Google can't simply cursed a site because of some irregularities if that particular website is getting a good number of CTR, impression, and visits.

12. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After EMD update there are lots of websites go down their ranking , but now we can try to put up a fresh and unique content for website and try to get quality back links.

13. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Avoid content duplication and only submit quality content.

14. Michail98

Michail98
    uix_expand uix_collapse

leonella769,
    First things first, start with your current content. What I’m finding with this new updated; about 90% of clients over optimize their content and with this update Google is penalizing sites that are over optimized. If you have stuffed your content with keywords to help improve you ranking, then go back and change them—it’s the first step to recovery. Because you have been penalized, I would keep my keywords density to about 2% within each article. Then start building backlink using suggests that other members have recommended. However, as you build these high quality backlinks use diversity in the anchor text. Simple meaning, if the keyword you want to rank for is “Backlinks,” then use other anchor texts like: link building, Back links, see details, get details and so on, to make up a 60/40 split.

15. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you considered this...

Purchase or register new domains to target the same keywords with. Then move all your content to the new sites.

Don't 301 redirect because you can just pass the penalty to the new sites.

When you start building links for the new sites, start out by building brand name and domain name anchor text links only. Don't build any links with any keywords at first.

Then once you have a substantial amount of domain authority for the sites, start dripping in partial match anchors.