My PR go down, what happened?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by youngkia1, May 3, 2010.

1. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just check my PR few weeks ago. I must say that my PR works well and it was increasing. Then just today when I check my site my PR goes down. What was the reason behind this? was there any way for me to retrieve my original PR? who am i going to talk with to retrieve my PR? Any suggestion please? I need help and back up too. BAFers please suggest? Thanks. :(

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly, sorry to hear that.

Secondly, to explain, your PR is dependent on your inbound links to your site. If you had a drop, this would mean the sites your site is linked from has removed those links.

To retrieve it back, you will need to work on link building techniques, and getting those backlinks back. You can't really talk to anyone, but maybe those you may have bought backlinks from.

Good luck.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by weeks ago? Is it over a month?
    The last Page Rank update is last April (1st week). And I'm very sorry to hear that your site dropped.
    Page Rank deeply relies on the number of quality backlinks your site have.
    And yes, you can regain it. How? By building the needed number of quality backlinks before the next Page Rank update.

4. onealgrambal

onealgrambal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There may be many reasons for your pr going down. Google has its own criteria and parameters for giving you the PR and Google always it’s a logs time to time.
    There may be your back links are coming from the pages which have many outbound link there, links placed on your partner page may be unrelated. the reputation of those sites in Google from where you make links for your website.:confused:

5. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well.. really sorry to here that but pagerank update was last month, than how your pr doped yesterday? did you check it properly. Manytimes pagerank tools are not correct so check it with multiple tool.

Still it show dropped pr than don't loose hope. You can get it bake and even batter. Try to get some quality backlinks and work consistently. I am sure you get better results in next pr update.

Good Luck..

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe he didn't checked it after the recent update.
    He just checked it a few days ago.

7. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I need to do a lot of back links tho. I've been working for my link since last year. Then I just notice the last time i checked that it was dropped. :(

I just checked it on my SEOQUAKE then it was dropped down. Well i need to work hard for this, need to catch up as well. I hope i will get back my PR again.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May we know what's your Page Rank before and after?

9. enriqbell

enriqbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its natural and you should not be worrying much about it. I think you should not worry much about the PR and should concentrate on the traffic. As traffic is the most imporatnt thing for a website and PR has not much value, unless you want to out sell your site.

10. agriya

agriya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A more important question is: has your traffic and sales dropped. I'd quite happily take a PR0 website if it was making $5,000 a month over a PR6 site making $500! Focus on the important data, not the 'cool' data :)

11. tomgrandian

tomgrandian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have to go for link building process. It's happan because your link may remove from submited site. The link building process is a SEO tactic which you should have to do again and again. So my suggetion is try to build some quality link its surly help you to gain pr also.

12. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The last time i checked it was pr3 but now it was already pr1. The reason why I'm shocked because it decreases 2 which is a big deal on my part.

Thanks to all your suggestions guys. I will definitely do all the things you've all said. Thanks for the advice and tip. Appreciate it.

#12 youngkia1, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
  13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The PR drop basically is due to some of your backlink site PR drop or some of the backlink being removed. Besides, it can also due to penalized by google because the owner involving in link selling activity

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right. Some of your strong backlinks might be removed.

As far as Google is concerned, I think having more link than content may lead to this.
    Just regularly update your content. :D

15. factoring

factoring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did your traffic to your site decrease? If it didn't, I wouldn't be worried about a PR drop. Too many people worry themselves to death about page rank. Just continue getting quality links.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You sure are correct. Page Rank really becomes over rated on this part of webmasters and they themselves worries too much on PR drop. What matters most, as you said, is traffic and quality of visitors you are getting. :thumbsup:

17. LauraWelch

LauraWelch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my website had a page rank of 4 and was doing ok in placement with various keywords. I recently added a link directory with links to relative sites. Most of the sites link back. After doing this my PR dropped to a 3 and google did not show any link popularity and I lost rankings. Is there a reason for this?

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First at all, you need to know that only dofollow are giving PR juice, if you are building link on nofollow site, it wouldnt help you in PR.
    Again, the reason your PR drop might due to some of your backlink get removed or the backlink site PR drop, the backlink site PR drop happen commonly, for example when you are doing dofollow blog comment on the latest post which is stay at the home page (let say the blog is PR4), and after sometime the post no more stay at the homepage but only inner page (inner page PR is PR0), then your PR juice is reduce.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another thing is they might have changed the link attribute and make it no follow.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Perhaps because Google doesn't like sites that sell links, based on their PR. Or perhaps there was something about that directory that appeared to Google that you were trying to trick the search engines in some way. Maybe they viewed your site as a link farm, once the directory had been added.