My postings on social media do not generate traffic

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by HMS Naveen, May 24, 2018.

1. HMS Naveen

HMS Naveen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How long do I have to post in order to generate traffic? What am I doing wrong and how can I improve and generate leads from my postings?

#1 HMS Naveen, May 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If it's for the site in your signature SM posting isn't going to work. Potential clients will not be looking on facebook and elsewhere for mobile applications.

Ranking on the search engine, advertising on targeted sites and referrals is what you need.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There is no "one-size fits all" answer to your question. Your question, in fact, is invalid because their is no correlation between the time you spend posting and the amount of traffic you get. There are other factors to consider, including your own participation in other member's timelines or in groups, how many followers you have, how many people you are following, etc. In each of these, there is also no "one size fits all" answer.
    As far as generating leads from your posts, you can "boost" your post to the desired audience, or purchase an ad.

4. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I understand completely. I have ran ads on Facebook to get leads. I have created a My Friends Group. I share posts from my Facebook Business page to My Friends group.

5. Thalia Anne Daniels

Thalia Anne Daniels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I have been doing as well. It does generate traffic in my opinion. We have sponsored ads as well.

#5 Thalia Anne Daniels, May 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
  6. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to generate more traffic on social media, you have to post on daily basis or make sure all the time your content is unique and fresh. you also share you post on reddit, imgur or high PR websites to get more audience.

7. Emma123

Emma123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1.Post content that will spark some interest in the audience to check your website. Posting content that can be shared by the audience is the best way to boost your reach.

2. Don't spam your audience, it doesn't work.

3. Go for images instead of full text in your posts. You can always add a link to your website in the captions.

4. Make sure your post reaches a relevant audience, you can do this by sharing your posts with relevant groups on Facebook.

5. If you're using a Facebook page to reach your audience, use the analytics to figure out the best time to post.

8. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. There is no fixed time that you start getting leads from your social media posting. If you are making posts without any solid base which is worthy to read then there is hardly any chance of getting leads from them. If you are posting just for your business then think twice. People are not sitting on social media for business purpose except few sites like linked n. social media is for creating brand awareness and if people are aware of your work then its vary easy to run business on social media. Try to post useful content which provide some insight to the users. this help in increasing followers and likes on your page. do join other groups which are worthy and be active in that groups.

9. Orin Khan

Orin Khan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can you expect traffic if you do not have enough friends on social media, not enough people likes in Fan page and not enough people in group. I have seen GIgadget is sharing very different interesting videos in their Fan page. So please increase your friends and fans numbers. If you can gain 1K fans then you can expect at least 20% traffic of your fan number.

10. Chris Knight

Chris Knight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

posting to social media does not generate much traffic to a website, it might lead to referrals from existing followers...but thats about it.

think of social media posts as indicators to potential customers that your business is current and relevant etc.... for most small businesses SM wont bring you much traffic...

certain businesses do thrive on SM ......but not many.....networking, paid advertising etc...they are the way to go.....but every business is differnet.

Social media is like wearing a suit to an interview.....its what everyone does, but its not really required to acheive the goal.

11. jeffscott

jeffscott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consider social media as a medium to establish your brand through reaching potential users and also joining group pages to engage more with the audience.

12. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all comes to your geo location from what I have seen.

Maybe, you can let us know more about what you are doing currently?

I never advertise on social sites with the intention of getting leads but for exposing my brand. Highly suggest you to study brand colours and stuff and start following what your competition is doing.

13. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To generate traffic from social media you need to target your audiences before posting. Join relevant groups and post in good forums to gain traffic from social media.

14. devninmurphy

devninmurphy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know it better why your posting are not getting enough engagement. Find the real problem where it lies. Like when you are in Facebook or the LinkedIn you like someone content and some don't. You actually share others postings because that is rich and it connects with you. so a engaging content should be one which connects the user and force them to do some action. Self analysis will help you in making rich and engaging content. Do follow other share their content and in this way they will also revert back the same.

15. Inva

Inva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People on Facebook are wasting their time, that's the company's goal. That means they are not trying to buy anything. In platforms such as this, your goal should be to increase brand recognition and not generate leads. Also never pay for likes.