My post rank is dropped

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sayem001, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have deleted my old site two month ago and move 160 blog post to my new site. I have detected all of my post rank is dropped in Google. SO i need to know how much time will Google take to give my posts rank back?

2. neuman

neuman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google most likely flagged your website. This happens to sites displaying duplicate content (as your old site and blog posts most likely are still listed in the search engine). You should recover from it. Just keep posting new stuff and wait it out.

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm, just wait and observe for now, let your new posts be indexed in Google, you must also monitor you Google Webmaster Tools for new updates or issues that may occur.

4. kelvinsys

kelvinsys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do some activity for that your ranking will be back you can do for that like article, press release, forum posting, guest posting and you can use social media sites because it much helpful to increasing the traffic.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I attended a seminar recently in Google office and the ranking factor as per Google's employees depends on 200 various factors. SO you cannot predict what could be the actual cause for the rank drop.Keep doing work following Google's guidelines and the ranking will revamp for sure.

6. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to make sure that all your posts are re-cached in Google after navigation. You can use googleping.com in order to ping Google. Another way is to submit your posts URL to high authority bookmarking sites which gets cached frequently. As neuman has mentioned, you need to post fresh and unique content quite often.

7. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a good idea. In addition, you can submit your sitemap to Google webmaster. Are you set a proper 301 redirect from your old site to the new one? If you don't maybe that's where the problem comes from. Try to check it closely.

8. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Submit your post in top sites of Social bookmarking, Forum Posting, let your post get crawled and indexed by the Google. Once Google will crawl your post, your ranking will be improved.

9. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like a redirection issue. Maybe you'll see it in Webmaster Tools as 'pages not found'.
    If you just copied old content to new site - that's duplicate content: without redirection your visitors (and Google) neither will know that it is your new site nor believe that it is your original content.

10. OakMarkLondon

OakMarkLondon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you resubmit your site to google bots? how about updated site map? it may be couple of months before google crawls your site again and see the changes.

11. nancyisabell

nancyisabell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do submission proper website and update your new website like local listing, business listing, press release, social bookmarking.

12. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me when we shift our website then we lost all our previous back-links. So you need to gain your previous reputation again to get the rank.

13. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can do one of two things. A 301 redirect from your old posts to your new posts. This will eventually pass over the link juice and SEO benefits you had on your old site. Or you can block Google from crawling your old site so that it doesn't see any duplicate content. Your webmaster will probably need to do these for you

14. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do the submission on social bookmarking, citation, classified ads, forum and blog comment if you have content that original, you can submit to all web2.0 sites too. HIGH PR is musT!

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. if you have something new to add, PM me and I 'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.