My Personal Success of the Day

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by hcted, Oct 17, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

[​IMG]

Well I thought I'd share this because I am pretty happy about it. :)

Today was the UIL Marching Band Competition in my city. We have been practicing since August 1st with our show and it all came down to 8 minutes doing it for the judges.

I had to arrive at 7:30 at the band hall to get dressed, get instrument, and to do our traditions. We got on the buses and went to the city football field. (we have 8 buses to bring us all there, to throw it out there). When we were pulling up to the parking lot we had a group of supporters out by the street holding up signs and cheering for our band. That was really the best part.

Once we had gotten set up, we went to the ramp, then when our time came we went down to the field, marched on and waited for the go ahead to start. The whole Football team, cheerleaders, and school staff was there to cheer for our band, we had the loudest cheer really xD.

We did our show, marched off and around, came to sit in the stands to watch Monterey Band (the last band after us). Then they announced our scores.

We had gotten a 1st division, meaning we are going to Area this Saturday, which is a long way away. If we score high at area and get into the finals, we go to state, and so on.

Just a great morning :) I could not find video of our show (yet) but here in Monetrey today, the band after us. You can see us in the stands.

[YOUTUBE]owWARklbwSM[/YOUTUBE]

Here is our Area performance. The one higher than UIL our last one.
    [YOUTUBE]5sOtB8jleBA[/YOUTUBE][/quote]

#1 hcted, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very cool, hcted! :D Congratulations and I hope you guys keep doing better and better in the competitions. What do you play in the band and which one's you in the picture? I like to put faces to names. :)

3. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I play Sousaphone, and I am down on the bottom right, above the people in blue.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's really excellent hcted, it cheered me up this morning, very well done and congratulations. Good luck in the next stages of the contest.

5. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, although we did not make it to finals.

Here is our Area performance. The one higher than UIL our last one.
    [YOUTUBE]5sOtB8jleBA[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to 2:08 if you want to see us.