My own seo ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by graphic designer, Nov 25, 2011.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would it be worthwhile to hire a company to do my seo. My goal is to get my freelance graphic design website to rank #1 with google ? Has anyone hired one to do their seo ? How effective were they and are their any seo companies that are affordable ?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

One of the problems with hiring someone to do seo on your site is that it is a sub-domain of wix.com. Any ranking you can get, therefore, will be more helpful to wix.com than it would be to you. Before hiring anyone to do your seo, I would host the site with a hosting provider that allows you to use your own URL.
    You also need to be very careful when looking for an seo firm. "Affordable" is a rather ambiguous term. Rather than just looking at prices, you need to look at the services provided. Some companies, like ours, offer a full-service package of seo services, others will offer separate services, charging a separate price for each. This can lead to confusion where a full-servce provider will charge one price, but another will do only the on-page optimization (which is where the term "seo" actually came from) for a much lower price, leading you to believe that you're getting the same service for the lower price, when you are not.
    You also have to consider how competitive your phrases are - more competitive phrases will require more link-building, and will therefore cost more.
    You will probably get a lot of recommendations here, and may get other seo providers recommending their services. I would advise you to check them out thoroughly before choosing one.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it would be of help to get your own domain or it might be better to get blogger page instead than with wix

4. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You won't have a chance at being the #1 GFX portfolio with free hosting.

5. goodbells

goodbells
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes i am also agree to get your own domain instead than with wix then promote your website through any SEO

6. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wix is full flash, flash is not helping for SEO, future trend will be more focus on HTML5. I can predict that, wix will facing down trend soon. It is advise to migrate your content to your own hosting.

7. D Alishouse

D Alishouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would agree that getting your own domain would be a good idea. Hiring someone to do SEO needs to be a well thought out decision. More then likely your time would be better spent doing graphic design and if you are working steadily and have no interest in learning any SEO then finding a company that serves companies your size would probably serve you well. There are many different SEO companies and their focuses range from working with low budget start-ups all the way to large corporations. With a little research you should be able to find someone that fits your needs at the moment and that you can afford.

One thing to keep in mind is that as your company grows you may want to periodically look at your SEO provider and comparison shop with other SEO companies. There may come a time that you need to find a company that can help your online presence keep up with your company growth.