My office Hardware Setup.

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by angelajason06, Nov 13, 2012.

1. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read this article its very new and Unique John is Explaining in such a Fantabulous way that how to spend on Office hardware what kinds of things you need. Pricing and Purchase. I really Like the way he Explain. And i hope this will help Newbies. :)

http://smartbusinessrevolution.com/my-office-hardware-setup/

Please Write your reviews here. :)

2. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for sharing this article Angel, wonderful information !!

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there are really less companies that invest in Mac computers because most of them prefer Windows. It's true that all of the windows computers are really prone to viruses, crashes and so much more and Mac don't. Although, the price of a windows computer is twice lower than the mac computers.

4. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only our designers use Macs. All techs run workstations using Ubuntu and one guy runs Mint and another Windows 7. They typically build out their own workstations and load them how they please. If their station fails, it's far easier to swap out the hardware and swap out a drive if need be so their downtime is relatively low. Me personally, I run Ubuntu on my office workstation but my home office is working with Windows 7. Personally, I think if a business is looking to lower start up costs in terms of computer equipment (and reduce the rate of virus infections and malware), a Linux based system with a GUI is the way to go and contrary to popular belief, doesn't come with a steep learning curve.

5. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its really good for the young entrepreneurs who have little money but want to do it big. This article is all about considering the small things in your life while taking big decisions.

6. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well said. You have understand the whole thing. :)

7. jhcorcoran

jhcorcoran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, everyone, for reading my article. It's funny - I've gotten the most feedback on my mention of the Mac computer compared to a PC computer. It's true you can buy a PC for a lot cheaper than a Mac, but my point in the article is just that you should take into consideration more than just the up front costs.

I've found that having a Mac computer has saved me dozens of hours which I likely would have had to spend with a PC computer diagnosing and fixing bugs or viruses. A Mac computer just tends to work without having to fiddle around with it to fix problems, such as with getting a printer or a scanner to communicate with the computer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a very interesting point John and I can see how using a Mac may save money in the long term. I first learned computers using a Mac, but when I started working all the companies I worked with used PCs and I haven't used a Mac in years.

One concern I would have about getting a Mac for my home office, is that it might make it difficult to share files with other people who are mostly PC users. Is that something that should concern me, or have those compatibility issues been resolved?

9. jhcorcoran

jhcorcoran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, I've been using a Mac full time for a year and a half, and using Dropbox to share MS Word files between myself and others and with my home PC computer, and I've never once had a problem with file sharing. Amazingly, that problem seems to have been solved.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bart 05

Bart 05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for shareing a wonderdul and an informative post. I am always ready to learn new things. It's really helpfil for me to invrease the level of my knowledge. Once again bundle of thanks and keep it up.