My new personal forum

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Xyphien, May 27, 2013.

1. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So this forum is a personal site I have made. I looked up a disability I have, and found that there were only two forums based on it, and only one covered half way decent topics, but non that I was looking for.

The site is about Tourette Syndrome, as I was diagnosed with it in 2005 (Fifth Grade Year) Now that I am out of school, I figured I could help with my knowlage of living with it to help out people who have it, and parents who recently found out their loved one has tourettes. This way the community, and myself can help them with any information they request, as well as general questions you have. I know it took my mom month to find online communities, and meet ups to get information on how it can effect both the families life, as well as the child.

The site is: http://www.tourettes.me

It has 2 members I know, I just wish to know how the site looks, and what you'd think I could improve on, ect.

2. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, I would like to congratulate you for your new forum and it is even more good to know that you want to help them with what you have suffered and this is great to spread some awareness about this. I hope this would be helpful for the society and best of luck to you for this.

3. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The forum looks excellent. Good job on that. It's good to see people giving back despite their own problems. Looking at the domain name, a .com would be better. don't you think? And maybe a short sticky on tourettes is exactly and your life story alongwith it. would be a nice addition I believe.

4. indomen

indomen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good site & Cary on

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The forum looks great and the domain name is excellent. I like the XF style you are using and how you have customised it for the site.

I noticed that you haven't added any descriptions for the individual forum sections, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Is there a reason you chose not to add them?

Good luck with it, I hope it goes very well for you.

6. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is using XenForo thanks :) as well as the Descriptions, XenForo makes it so the descriptions require you to hover over their name. I do not know how to change this, and figured it's just something people will learn to figure out.

Also, to everyone else, thank you so much for the kind words, and the suggestions, and feedback of the site. I am currently in the process of buying a personal blog addon to give users the ability to make their own blogs about their experiences, ect. with having tourettes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Design wise your site looks simple, clean and nice to me. Well, I can say it looks professional too. As it is about the Syndrome your talking about "Tourettes". Is it because you had that syndrome you had to leave the school? What does this syndrome do? And how did it affect you?

8. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People with tourettes have uncontrollable movements called Tics. Anything, For my, I pop my jaw non stop 24/7, I'm in constant, and agonizing pain because of it, and no amount of pain meds help. There are very limited medications for it, and non seem to work for me besides one which is illegal... I sniff, pop my fingers in a weird way, that also hurts, ect. Other people vary with tics, the rarest form, but most thought about when people think of tourettes is cussing. Look up tourettes guy, that is what really spiked the whole movement of all people with tourettes cuss, which is not true, only around 1% of the population with tourettes actually cuss. This can effect peoples mood, overall look on life, ect. It's also something that doesn't go away, as depicted in your post. It stays with you for life as there is no cure, in most people the tics get better as you grow older, but others it gets worse. I was first seen with tics at the age of 3, but wasn't diagnosed till 2005 (In fifth grade). Hope that clears up all questions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Allan

Allan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Site looks nice Xyphien , always liked that theme. I don't ever recall seeing personal forum for Tourettes. Best of luck to you.

10. Simplifiehost

Simplifiehost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Xyphien, good job on it bro.

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Xyphien for the explanation. That really seems worse as you said there is no cure for this. But All is good, have faith in God and he will solve many problems of Tourettes affected people and yours too. I hope you get well and better day by day. :)

12. devip

devip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good website. And I think its really very good effort by you to make people aware of such think and help them with their diagnosis and doubts. Really great work keep it up.

13. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are only two I could find, and none had the topics, and addons I was looking for, for a community which is why I made that on top of the fact that I suffer from the syndrome.

14. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the logo is well designed and site is simple,clean and clear..Good luck!

15. Paul0130

Paul0130
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice, looks good and if not many of those type of forums exist, then it should get busy!