My New Online Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Vick, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,

Thought I would share my project here. I haven't really been a member that long, so I hope this is cool.

I started this project a little over a year ago. It's been a long journey so far, and a lot of frustration, but that's ok, comes with the territory I guess.

I decided to start my own sunglasses line called Eight Eyewear, focusing strictly on the sports shades niche.

This website was created merely for the purpose of testing the market, establishing a presence online and too compile an email list, while the 8 months of production and manufacturing was taking place, i.e. CAD design, molds, production, etc..

Anyway, I'm at the point right now where I'm waiting on my samples too arrive from my manufacturer, 1 of each color. We just finished the molds successfully about 2 weeks ago. After I approve the samples, I'll be receiving our first shipment in about 50-60 days, somewhere around mid/end of June.

The designs are all done by me, this particular design(V.1) went through many iterations and kind of morphed from one thing to another, the process was about 6-7 months.

After which I started testing the market, too see if there was an actual interest in the product.

The best way to do this was through Facebook, using there ad service. Which is killer btw.

I tested the market on and off a few times, whenever I had some spare cash.

Through this process I was able to reserve over $16,000 in pre-order reservations. Which answered the question whether or not the market was interested.

Now I'm waiting patiently for my samples to come in, should be here next week hopefully.

Soon as I sign off the samples, I'll be setting up the website with Shopify.

As we start producing sales on a steady basis, I'll be using Amazon's FBA service to fulfil orders for me. The goal of this business is to automate it as much as possible, so that I can process orders with nothing but a laptop or tablet.

Anyway, that's the jist.

I'll keep updating the thread with my progression and my journey towards freeing myself from the 9-5. Which is the ultimate goal.

I would love to what people think, your thoughts, advice, etc

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Vick, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. janecristy

janecristy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are doing very well in your business. Take care of your clients and get their feedback to improve your services or products.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as long as you can create a demand for your product, you're good to go. Let us know the progress, I'm interested to know what product is this.

4. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Vick. You have been putting in a huge amount of time and effort for your new business and I really hope it works out extremely well for you. Over the past few weeks I have been receiving a lot of mail regards to selling products om Amazon and you can check out the way these guys have been going about it at amazingsellingmachine.com and physicalprofitsbonus.com/faq I think it may be worth your while to check out how they go about selling their product. You already have yours! Keep us posted!

#4 Changed Creation, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  5. vithura

vithura
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey vick, i think your doing well on your product. Brand your product by using some SEO techniques. And you can do some business listing in some B2B portal like Pepagora.

6. himanshiets02

himanshiets02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you are doing very well you just take care of client demand and reviews so that you can improve quality of product

7. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi vick, you have done great job. Try also social media marketing as this is a great tool for product sales.

8. jayantisoftwares

jayantisoftwares
    uix_expand uix_collapse

great vick you have done a great job kepp it up but for further business growth try SEO techniques or do social media marketing to increase your website visibility all over the world i hope you will get good results...... :)

9. kate_jaks

kate_jaks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In other words try to make your business as well-known as possible. And this job should be done constantly.

#9 kate_jaks, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  10. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see people are actually replying to this thread.

I thought it got closed because I posted a link to my site.

Anyway, its been about 18 months since I started this project.

I got word from my manufacturer that my very first shipment will be shipping out August 20th via Air Frieght. My choice, I need the inventory asap, a lot of pre orders to fulfill, got a good rate with DHL as well.

Anyway, I should be launching Eight Eyewear within the coming weeks :)

Been a long road.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    I think that you are doing a great job! Business won't grow in days it takes time sometimes years to establish however it seems that you are doing quite well. Best of luck !