My Mechanical Turk Income Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kguru1979, Jun 27, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have joined as worker in Amazon mechanical turk.. My goal of this month (Actually this goal is for July2009) is to earn atleast some $50 in Amazon Mechanical Turk. I am trying to contribute about 1 hour to Mturk tasks to complete and till date I completed satisfactorily...

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goal with us Guru and good luck with achieving it.

When you say 1 hour is that 1 hour per day?

What kind of tasks have you been completing on Mechanical Turk?

Please keep us updated on your progress and let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

3. jwhitakr

jwhitakr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've MTurk a few times as a requestor. For small jobs it is a lot quicker and easier than posting for the same work on a forum, filtering through the responses, picking someone, paying them, etc. etc. etc.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I tried signing up as a Requestor on Mechanical Turk, however they only accept Requestors from the US at this time. Hopefully they will remove that restriction soon.

5. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As of now, I am working with tasks which is having an earnings less than $1 for each task. I have restricted to this because, if we go for higher amount tasks in mturk, it is difficult to complete and little risky also.

For example, there is a task called testing "IPV6" which is actually to test the latest internet protocol in my computer and they are paying $30 .. I hope installing those softwares and protocols in my computer is too risky...

So, I am selectively taking works and doing it...!! Till now I earned $8.12 in Mturk for working 7 days and around 2 hours a day.. !! Is it worth Fergal?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You don't need to address your questions just to me Guru, there are more people than me, to help you on our business forum :)

You yourself are the only person that can answer whether or not it is worth it for you. However, $8.12 for 14 hours work represents a very low rate per hour. Have you searched around for jobs on Mechanical Turk that you might be able to complete quicker, and hence earn more for every hour you work.

Have you considered looking at other places where you could find paid work? You could advertise your services in our Member Ads section. You will find lots of people buying and selling services in the Webmaster forum and freelance sites listed in our Useful Business Resources / Links.

If you tell us a little about the services you can provide we might be able to give you some suggestions as to how you can get paid more for them.

7. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Regret Fergal .. Sure my posts are for everybody ... Did anybody doing their online job as Worker in mturk? If so, how much is your target earnings there? What is your average rate of earnings in mturk?

I have registered to another perfectly similar site to mturk and it is called SHORTTASK ... I have started working there also...!

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Short Task looks like a good service, I've signed up as a "Seeker" and may post some tasks in the future. I hope it works out for you and you get some work out of it.

Have you made any progress with increasing your earnings?

9. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya .. I earned almost $10 in mturk activities. But it is little difficult to earn in shorttask since the works are little difficult for me.. Dont know how much it is difficult for other members... I am trying my best...!

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad to hear that you are earning some money online Guru. Is there anything else we can help you with?

11. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No Fergal .. As you told Shorttask is also working fine for me recent days .. I can say, if you work sincerely, we can earn even $1 within 10 min ... I hope this will improve the earning rates to a huge extent.. For example, I started some activities there today morning only and by afternoon I earned some $4 .. Hope this earning rate is fine and comparatively better than mturk.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a much better rate Guru, equivalent to $6 per hour, which is a great improvement.

Please keep us posted and glad to hear that it is working out for you.

13. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya .. It start working out nice for me .. But the thing is, almost 60% of the total tasks available there are dominated by a single affiliate service. Hence, jobs like promoting same affiliate at different locations in internet is becoming little difficult, but still trying to cope up...

The payout there is $50.

I need one small help.. Is there any good online news and article site which is U.S. based and has to discuss about employment in all fields.. This is needed for me to accomplish my shorttask activities since major tasks there is to promote the affiliate website in recent online articles and news which is based on U.S. There should be an option there in those article sites to post comments.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

15. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot . I hope Google Blog Search will be useful for me .. I never tried that .. will try it from now... http://searchwarp.com is also a good tool I think ... Thanks for providing details... I hope ezinearticles will not help me since those affiliate services are not recommending that one...

16. nopq437

nopq437
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Nice talking to you.

Nice talking to you.

17. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried Amazon mechanical turk and completed few human intelligent tasks. I worked for a day and earned $1. I knew that they only pay to US bank account or to amazon gift card and i am a international member not interested in purchasing gifts. So, i thought the amount there can't be redeemed for my use. However, i will be working there once my relative open a US bank account. I can redeem the amount there. Keep on working hard you will easily reach the goal because there are many tasks.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How many hours' work did you need to do to earn that $1.

Did those tools work for you Guru, did you find what you needed to complete the task?

19. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the first time I've heard of Amazon Mechanical Turk. I've just visited their site and tried looking through the HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks). I've noticed that most of the jobs are paid in cents. Is there a way to sort according to Reward in descending order Kguru1979.

20. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Nazreen, most of the works are paid in cents so it takes about 3 hours to earn $1 sometimes. This answered the question by fregal also. But there are few tasks which pay up to $10 also. They will require higher quality of article or review. So, its the fact that if you have good qualities on you and have knowledge and experience you will earn good income but for newbies as always needs hard labor and patient.