My indexed pages increased a lot in recent days

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Jul 10, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My indexed pages increased a lot in recent days, what happened?I just want to know whether it is a good thing or not?

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course, it is a good thing. Getting your pages indexed means the next step you have to do is to make those page rank or become supplemental pages to your important pages that currently ranks. Next step you can do for them to work is to audit those pages and optimize them if there are needed optimization that you have to work on them right away.

3. AlanaP

AlanaP
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's definitely a good thing! Congrats! As Mark T pointed out, now you just need to work on optimizing those pages, if you haven't already, and keep working on optimizing your site in general!

4. ChrisDouthit

ChrisDouthit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How could it be anything other than a good thing. Just keep doing what you are doing and add a few more tricks.

5. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google taking some kind of update that is why some of the people are getting good traffic and some of the people have high ranking on their low ranked keywords.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can be a good signal, because your site is getting popular.

It can be a bad signal, because Google is testing your site, how your site performance. I have couple of sites, a day before penguin penalty the traffic is very high, then the next day traffic is drop 80%.

Each time Google release new algorithm, the traffic and search impression result huge change. For site which not able pass through spam test, the traffic will drop.

7. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe this is not good. Perhaps in the index a lot of copies or unnecessary pages.
    You need to check what new pages were indexed and if it is a copy, then close them from index.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, as what patrick has pointed out, it could be really either good or bad for your website.
    Another question is that whether those pages that got indexed recently are of QUALITY or something USEFUL to users. If not, then Google's just set up your pages somewhere in the listing to test your pages.

9. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

It is good thing! Can you please explain me on those days, which type of activities you are doing in SEO?