My idea is noble and great, but no loyal members YET!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by coolmac, Feb 16, 2010.

1. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I believe I have a great idea i'm working on. I launched a community for Young Venturers to open up a channel for young people with amazing skill or just running different ventures to showcase their stuff and network. I have many good and innovative ideas and I'm 100% convinced it's going to be big but currently I have no members!

I have tried forum promotion sites but those guys do not post quality posts and I want a relevant forum for my members. Where can I advertise to get some good members?

The problem is I have a million ideas I'm holding back because the community is stagnant right now. I need users so bad.

Any help and feedback is welcome. Check the site here: http://www.youngventurers.com

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum coolmac and thanks for posting your business questions. Your site looks great and I don't see anything about its appearance that would discourage potential members from joining. What you need is content and some SEO, to improve your search engine listings.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

3. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for moving it to the relevant category.

I will concentrate on SEO and content then. Building content is not easy especially when you're like the only one doing it :p

I will try link up with other guys and put in more work.

4. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dear coolmac..

I have seen your website and forum and I really appreciate your ideas and work. To get more members to ur community you need to do promotion for it and it will not happen in one night.. Have patients.. everything will be done as you want.

If I can help you in terms of SEO, I will be glad helping u as I am SEO. Plz concrete on promotional activities and SEO. Try to take help of Social media optimization and bookmarking...

Now just chill... :)

5. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks man!

I have since started on SEO study to see what I really need. Checked out your blog already and will be hanging there 24/7 now!

Yea, patience is a virtue man. I noticed many sites that suddenly "bloomed" after a couple of years of hard work so i'm willing to stick around for as long as possible...until I achieve my goals!

Thanks for the support.

6. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

coolmac, how long has your community been open?

7. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not been open for long, about a month! Other communities that started around the same time have got around at least 100 members.

After browsing around in pursuit of SEO knowledge, I have just discovered I might be on the right track as it takes at least a year to fully establish a site. I set a high goal that's why I was feeling the pressure, to get 10,000 at the end of 2010!

8. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it can take awhile to establish a community. Keep putting content on it. It might help to put a "Blog" section on it to help attract SE traffic. Just keep going. :)

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When it comes to Business Advice Forum, I pay more attention to the quality and number of posts on the forum, than I do to the number of members we have. Having members on your forum is great, but only if they participate in the discussions.

10. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

100% agree with Fergal. I have seen many forums which have thousands of members but most of them are just there for getting bcklinks (if forum is dofollow) and with that intention they just spam and don't contribute to forum thread anyway.

so, having small number of members with quality is far better than thousands of spammers :eek:

11. coolmac

coolmac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed, you're right guys. It's a matter I hadn't thought through.

Nothing beats good, quality content, I guess the idea of a constant buzz of activity just excited me! lol. Good content also attracts users so I guess that's what I should focus on mostly not members too much.