My Hello to Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nottehface, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nottehface

nottehface
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How's it going,

My name is Calvin and I have been involved in numerous businesses and partnering ventures, most of which have been related to marketing (online and off) and education. I've also had my hand in film production, construction, and sales. I grew the last business I was involved in from $350,000 in annual sales to $1,250,000 in 4 years, but had to leave due to no option for advance within the company. They were family-owned and there were too many fingers in the honeypot. After freeing up my time and moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area I was asked, by friends of mine, to partner into their software development business. It's been three months and we are already expanding into multiple markets. The great thing about working with them is their position in the world of cutting edge technology and the fact that they're always looking to innovation, which is a huge leap when compared to what I've come from: having to constantly explain to the CEO why we needed a website, as well as many other small advancements.

I consider what I've been able to do in my life a major accomplishment, especially considering that I come from very little and only attained an associates degree in electrical technologies. But, enough about me and who I am, is there anyone here who has dealt with the drastic changing of career paths and the learning curve that comes with it? I would really appreciate any stories (full fledged, please) and hope to see some interesting conversations.

Thanks,

-Calvin Tyler / Mercury Flight

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our webmaster and business community Calvin. Thanks for the comprehensive introduction, it makes very interesting reading and it is great to meet you here. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

3. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF and enjoy your stay.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF Calvin :)

5. nottehface

nottehface
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

6. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Calvin Tyler, Welcome to BAF community , Hope you will enjoy your time here alot , and also we will learn something from you too , :) Thank for joining us, Keep Posting , :)

7. nottehface

nottehface
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want some stories! APPEASE ME!!! :D

8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF nottehface. Hope to see you around! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.