My Goals

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by AnyFries, Jan 17, 2012.

1. AnyFries

AnyFries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started a coloring page website in November, 2011. My goal for 2012 is to create 2000 backlinks to my site, get it from page rank 0 to page rank 4, and get it in the top 500 Google sites for the search term "coloring pages" (a highly competitive search term). I'd like to have 500 visitors a day by the end of the year. It's an ambitious goal, especially since I don't really know what I'm doing. That's why I'm here - to learn from everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2,000 backlinks is not a great amount it's like 180 per month which is very easy, just stick to high quality links and you will get in the first 10 pages.

3. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good goal. Be sure to build properly. Bing and Yahoo like most backlinks, but Google likes quality of quantity.

I'd rather have 1 backlink from a reputable, aged domain that's in my niche with a targeted keyword, than to have 10 backlinks from backlink farms that are no where close to my niche and are blacklisted on the SEs.

4. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also try to build links more and more .These takes me much time without much experience.

5. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should par more attention to the content of your site because visitors want to get some unique information and content on your site and if they find it here, you can easily get 500 and even more daily visitors.

6. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd focus on quality rather than quantity. I'm convinced you can reach your goal with less than 2.000 backlinks under these circumstances.
    Keep your blogposts up to date and provide value. Combine these 2 and you'll be good :)

7. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

+1 for Quality.

8. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

180 Backlinks from Google or webmaster? Even if we consistently take high quality links it is very difficult to reach up to 180 backlinks per month.
    To get number of backlinks, your website must have that much power on the search engines, which is depend on the content, keywords, link building quality and many other things.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2000 backlink is very easy, can make it within a week. But the fact is you should consider the quality, not the quantity.
    PR4 is achievable and top 500 is reasonable, wish i can heard a good news from you next year
    all the best

10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's surely a good goal, just to help you with your goal. I'd like to point out a couple of things here;

1. Getting 2000 Backlinks is NOT tough.
    2. Getting 2000 Non-Quality links won't help.
    3. Key is getting good and quality links.
    4. If you get high pr do follow links then it'd be easy for you to get PR4.
    5. If your keyword research is good then getting a good keyword in your niche which get's 500 UVs a day is very easy.

Make sure you read everything related to SEO which comes up in your way, which will help you a lot in learning more.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you said it is an impossible goal right? You can actually make it possible - but by doing it little by little.

You should first set short term goals for your website, like quarterly or monthly goals. As you reach these goals, that long term goal you are talking about will be something you will be surprised to get and achieve as the year ends.

12. globalpageindia

globalpageindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEO will help you to get more backlinks and traffic for you website. But SEO have to be done properly and in the right direction.

13. Sunny

Sunny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah 2000 is not a great number until it's quality backlinks. So create quality backlinks as much as you can. I am sure you will achieve your goal in targeted time.

Good luck

14. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you should be following a multi pronged approach through forum posting, blog commenting and more importantly having your own blog, where you can post really helpful and meaningful content.