My Goals

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by chica, Jun 6, 2009.

1. chica

chica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the rising prices of college, I must start to save up.

Longer Term Goals-

6,000 by December through internet work alone.
    My blog to get over 300 uniques a day. (at 15 right now.)

Shorter Term Goals-
    Right now I average around $15 a day, freelance writing. It estimates around 1500 words. Now, I know for a fact, I can raise that number to at least 4000 a day. I would like to set my goal at $30 a day by the end of the month.

2. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Chica - That's a reasonable goal. I am a writer myself and can assure you USD 30 a day is highly achievable. Once you have good clients, you can even increase your rates and they would be happy to pay more for quality work. All the best.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with your goals Chica. When you say
    are you referring to writing work or will you also provide other services?

What steps are you taking to promote your blog? You could start by adding a link to your blog name in your signature here on Business Advice Forum and by promoting your blog in our Member Ads.

You will also get some useful tips for promoting your blog in the blogging links at our Useful Online Business Resources. The forums and freelance links would also provide you with some good places for promoting your writing services.

Please keep us updated as to how it is working out for you and let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

4. iamjohns

iamjohns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

college

thats a great way to start by saving money maybe after the saving money you could try opening a small business then make it into a bigger one if thats an interest

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's good to have set up your goals which are quite achievable Chica. I've also visited your blog and you've mentioned that you're also going to try out website design job. Good luck with that too.

Maybe you can put samples of your work on your blog too. This way, your blog will also help you in promoting yourself as a freelance writer.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Chica, be sure to check out my writers' site occasionally. I've added RSS feeds of online jobs for writers, thanks to a suggestion from simplyjo, and they change often. The feeds collate jobs from a number of sources.

You can also write articles to promote your blog. I'm always open for submissions at mine for anything interesting. Main thing is to get those samples up on your blog so you have somewhere to direct potential buyers to where they can see what you're capable of.

Be very careful applying for jobs. Newbies to some freelance sites are like lambs to the slaughter. Don't undersell yourself and don't be talked into providing many samples. Some will just take them, then say they didn't like it for whatever reason, not pay you and then run it through a spinner to make more articles out of your unpaid work. That's another reason to have samples on your site. If you have plenty they have no reason to ask for much more and you don't waste a lot of time doing them. See my Hill Holler site if you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about. I've got lots of different styles of writing and subjects there to demonstrate my versatility.

You have no contact me page on your blog. You'll need that, don't forget it. :) ( and you should fix your typo in your May goals post. That's not a good ad for writing services. ;) )

Bonne chance!

#6 Kay, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What typo, sorry I don't see it?