My goals - June

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Swastik, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey all,

Let this thread motivate me! :D

My goals is to increase the registration rate for my forum. We are getting 6,000+ uniques a month and still not much of registrations. I'll be finding a way out. Secondly, my aim for the forum is to get to 250 USD per month revenue from adsense. In case you want the link, it's http://www.web-talks.com

For my blog, I expect, since this is the first month, to get some subscribers, 1000 + uniques (have got 500:p) and 25+ posts. Link is http://www.probuzz.net
    For me, I am not thinking of monetizing the blog for first 2 months. Because, the space the ads would take won't be justified. They'll not be fetching what I expect.

Thirdly, I would like to earn some money through a big project I have at my forum, my domain name and websites flipping business and am also writing an eBook on Making money online. The eBook should complete by the end of the month. It would require great editing though!

Complete aim in terms of money is to get 400+ $. Last month, it was 335$. So it's a reasonable expectation.

- Swastik -

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have very specific goals there Swastik. Yes, it's good to write our goals down to motivate ourselves. This will also act to monitor our progress in achieving our goals.

If you don't mind my asking, how do you get people to sign-up for your forum? Also, is the $335 advertising revenue just from webtalks or from both your forum and blog?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That is a nice forum and blog that you own Swastik. They both have very nice themes and they look great. The domain names on both of them are great. Congratulations and well done. Please see some suggestions below.

Forum
    You might consider running a competition, and promote it on the home page, to increase membership.
    The forum will look busier if you amalgamate some of the forums together, so that each individual forum is more active. Eg you could merge the three individual forums you have for each of the large search engines.
    It might help if you optimise the forum for 800x600 screen res.
    Check the title tag of the forum, it appears to include the text </phrase>

Blog
    It might be worth considering putting a link to your blog in the Nav bar of your forum. This should help with some cross promotion.

Good luck with them both.

4. Drench

Drench
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting site you got there swastik! :)
    I assure you I will register on there and try to help you and other members out!
    I personally like your theme. It's simple, and not so distracting like many others. :D

Good luck with the forums and blog. :)

5. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well the expectations are quite reasonable. well you can make great money through an ebook too. just copyright it and sell it. you may also rell the reseller licence to other people. making money is a topic that people need to made aware of. we lack people like me and you online.