My goals for the year

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Swastik, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll be discussing my online goals only. :D

I am in the process of starting my blog which should be online by the end of August. It's actually taking long because I have ordered two custom themes - one for my blog, and the other to give out for free to build some backlinks.

For the blog, My goals is to reach 250+ subscribers by the end of the year. Have more than 120 quality posts and be atleast a known quantity.

I have two forums running in the same niche, but have different goals for each one of them. The second one is a bit new, but going on well. The first one, started on April 1 this year :)p), has around 10,000 posts, a member base of around 275 and ever growing.

I'd like to cross 750 members by the end of the year, 25,000 posts and have a active and friendly community.

In monetary terms, my income online ranges 300-450$ monthly presently (highly fluctuating). I'd like it to be stable in the range of 1000$ a month by the end of the year.

Wish me luck :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us Swastik. Congratulations on achieving the level of income that you have already. Do you work on your sites full time?

What subject or niche will your blog be in, obviously don't feel any pressure to answer if it is confidential?

Why do you have two forums in the same niche, did you ever feel that they would be more effective if combined?

Feel free to share links to your sites.

3. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

swastik dont you think our country is lacking members!! for a county with 10 million braodband users we dont have enough page views

I dont most of the people know of a thing called forum exists!!

Running a forum in india with such results is commendable!! Great work!!

4. laurenSwaha11

laurenSwaha11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your goals with us...I just hope I continue growing my business and start profiting shortly. I wish ya the best of luck in your business goals!

5. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I am a student. That's a part time job.

It will be a general internet related blog emphasizing on webmasters.

The first one is combined with a partner. The second one is set up just by me, though there are some other admins. The second one is more of a flipping plan.

Links are here : 1) http://www.web-talks.com
    2) http://www.webphorum.com

Well, to an extent, your statement is right. There needs to be more awareness amongst the general mass of India about these things. I believe that we could contribute to that, with tits and bits of forums, blogs and if mentioned in the local media, it would be a lot helpful in generating those things.

BTW, There is another guy called Shadab, a friend of mine, from Bhopal, who is also running a forum with 2700+ members and 25,000+ posts. He is hell of a coder, and is a master of vB. He deserves the applause more than I do.

Thanks for the compliment though!

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

http://www.webphorum.com is a very nice forum. it's a very clever name and it is getting a reasonable quantity of posts. Good luck with it and I wish it continued growth. I noticed that the "Your Link Here" link in the header does not go anywhere.

It appears that you have closed http://www.web-talks.com for a few weeks, why would you do that when the site was doing so well? Do you have concerns that the members may not come back after so long a downtime?

7. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For webphorum - Thanks. I'll check the link!

For Web-talks - As I said, it is with a partner. And the decision of taking off was taken sometime in the last day or so, and I did not know that. :( I'll have to discuss it with him when he comes back. But, that's not something new. Members of WT know the random changes and all. And I agree that even I feel concerned that members would eventually fed up from this downtime, and might just leave.

But, things are not under my control. I can advice, but being an administrator, one can do what he wants. He has all the controls as I do.

8. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite good things happened with your goals.

The only thing you need or want is that you grow even bigger and more. I wish you best of luck Swastik for your upcoming future. And glad to hear that you now have monthly income about 500$, approximately. Nice man, and you've two forums running, all the best for your blogger as well. Keep up! And Keep the good work!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest trying to make a written agreement with your partner, on Web-Talks. If you can't come to an agreement you will have to decide if you want to staying involved with the project or your partner.

You should try to avoid being in a situation where you put a lot of work and effort into a site, just for your partner to switch it off without consulting you. This is especially true of community based sites, that will always find it very difficult to recover from serious downtime.

Once you have this issue resolved you will be able to focus more of your attention on moving your sites forward and achieving your goals.

BTW your level of income is excellent for someone who is part-time in the business, so congratulations with that.

10. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your goal with us.Congratulations for your existing income and your success.I wish you will achieve your goal very soon.