My Goals for July 2008

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Hurbel2k, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

month specific goals July:
    goal 1: make another 10 $ from my blog :)
    goal 2: increase time spent on learning Chinese
    goal 3: Write 20 unique articles for my new, still unpublished blog

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good luck on your goals for July! Let us know about your progress too, okay?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us Hurbel.

How do you plan on making the additional $10 on your blog?

What will the subject matter of your new blog be, obviously it's OK if it's still confidential?

4. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just 2 days ago, I found PayPerPost, signed up and got approved. Then made my first post for them and got my $20. But I feel this doesn't really count.

I want to make $10 by advertising using adsense and friendfinder on my old blog about China/Hongkong (see signature)
    My new blog is about online dating tips. The blog will be in German, as I am a native German and have a .de Domain that is not used at the moment. I also want to promote dating sites there.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations on getting accepted and already earning from Pay Per Post. That's a great step to earning money from your blog. I'm not sure why you say it doesn't count. That's income that you have earned, by promoting something on your blog, which is great.

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I quite agree with that. PayPerPost.com is a GPT site for blogging so the $20 should still count as revenue for your blogs.

By the way, your payment for the $20 was quite fast. I think I might also try blogging to earn a few bucks. Thanks for sharing about PayPerPost!

7. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While PayPerPost is nice thing for the moment, I'm looking for revenues from advertisement. Revenues continue to flow, even if I stopped writing on my blog. PayPerPost only pays me at the moment I write.

Anyways, I'm very postive to be accepted by PayPerPost. It's some quick bucks, then it should not be to hard to be accepted by them. Or maybe my writing skill is good enough?

I redefine my first goal:
    Make 10$ through PPC (PayPerClick) and Pay Per Action advertising from my blog.

8. JPolito830

JPolito830
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best of luck with this months goals...I really have not thought of specific goals for me, but I will be posting when I think of some haha

9. battleofthebands

battleofthebands
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope you can achieve that goal. I would love to read your newest blog when it is ready. I know you said it is in German, but I know a little.... I can use babel fish. Good luck again.=)

10. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only one goal - keep learning Chinese - has been fully achieved, however I got some new tasks that I succeeded doing. Their results was far beyond my expectations.

I doubled my blogs monthly visitors by posting longer, better written articles and a new marketing effort. Now I have 50 unique visitors a day, from 25 last month.

So I'm satisfied with the July results.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Doubling your visitors is a great achievement, well done.

The fact that you got new tasks done is also good and shows the need for goals to be flexible. Sometimes it is better to abandon or postpone a particular goal if a new opportunity presents itself or if circumstances change significantly.

12. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also dropped PayPerPost, as it made my blog get pagerank 0 (google for this issue if You think about using PayPerPost)

13. harmin

harmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your goal with us.
    Congratulations for your achievement.You have done a great job by achieving three goals at one month.Good luck for this and coming months.